1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Info/equipment on a Elric character?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Kenshiro, Feb 27, 2004.

1. Kenshiro Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I once read a tiny bit of one of the books, so I don't remember much, mainly what I've read elsewhere. He's basically a albino elf who's a mage of some sort as well as a prince or king, but uses a magical sword that makes him tougher but basically slaughters the s--t out of anyone he hits it with? So, would a Lawful Neutral Fighter/Mage work as his char? Or does someone have a char file of him I could download, including a mod file of his sword?

2. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I read quite a few of the Elric books and I'd have put him as more a fighter than a mage. Most times he seemed to win fights with his black sword and I don't remember him relying on magic very often, although I think he had *some* spellcasting ability.

So maybe 15th level fighter/3rd level mage with a +5 two-handed sword would be about right.

3. Kenshiro Gems: 5/31

Except you can't have 15/3 for levels in BG2, especially on a elf. LOL

4. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Yes, you can, if you will. Only require a little bit editing...

5. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Elric has been statted out before as a Chaotic Evil Fighter 20 / Wizard 20. Stormbringer is a bastard sword that drains 1d100 Constitution in a single hit. It also ignores all form of damage reduction, IIRC. Probably not.

Elric received intense magical training from his father, who was a mighty sorcerer.

He mostly uses Summoning (Elementals and Fiends) spells, though, and high level ones at that. So don't give him any other spells beyond those.

Besides that, he's a master swordsman trained by the finest warriors of the Bright Empire.

Elric has a Constitution of 3, unless he has his sword with him.

For more info, check out "Dragon Princes of Melnibone", the D20 supplement.

In BG2, Blackrazor slightly emulates Stormbringer.
    So Elric can be represented quite sufficiently as a Chaotic Evil Elf (Michael Moorcock equivalent of a Melnibonean) Fighter/Mage with Blackrazor and only uses his high level slots for summoning spells, no Acid Arrows and whatnot.

6. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

...which is cheat :rolleyes:

7. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

@Shura

Whoa. I don't think I know my own characters that well.

BTW, what would you do with a character like that?

8. Shura Gems: 25/31

Do?

Do whatever a Chaotic Evil Fighter/Mage does in BG2:

" BLOOD! BLOOD AND SOULS FOR MY LORD ARIOCH!"

*Peasant salami ensues* :evil:

:D :D

9. Kenshiro Gems: 5/31

I thought this guy was supposed to become more good, or at least neutral? And isn't his sword a two-handed one? Blackrazor is one handed.

10. Shura Gems: 25/31

Elric has wielded Stormbringer with the Chaos Shield before. Therefore, Stormbringer is a bastard sword that can be used one-handed or two.

And why isn't he Chaotic Evil with occasional flashes of compassion? You can have flawed heroes, why not have flawed 'villians'?

Anyways, Dragon Princes of Melnibone lists him as Chaotic Evil, IIRC. His people, the Melniboneans, are classfied as 'usually Chaotic Evil'. They make the Salvatore's drow look like a pack of bickering and ill-natured catholic school-girls.

11. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I wouldn't have said Elric was chaotic evil. Sure, he's hardly a paladin of virtue but I remember most of the books I read with him in he came across as a character fighting against evil, not for it. So maybe chaotic good?

12. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

Elric is Chaotic Neutral, IMHO.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.