1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Infinite Flaming Fist Respawns? (TuTu)

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Cantlos, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Cantlos Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Ok, I'm not that familiar with the low reputation thing, so I decided to go through TuTu as a real bad-ass monk. Now, my current reputation is 1, and flaming fist soldiers show up. Fine with me, though they are a tough nut to crack for my lvl 5/4 party. Now, for some reason, every time I kill one of those groups, a new one shows up immediately (like they respawn or something). Is this a bug?

Or is it a hint from the game telling me I should mend my evil ways? I mean, sure, being a villain can be tough, but how many soldiers are those fists gonna send after me? Don't they have something better to do (like, try to solve an iron crisis or something?)

2. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Yeh they'll keep coming when you enter a new area and after you commit a crime (like killing the group that tried to apprehend you), also stores wont sell to you either with a reputation of 1 so you'd be best raising it to about 3 or 4.

3. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hmmm... I would think going after cop-killers would be a top priority to any law enforcement agency. Go figure....

4. Cantlos Gems: 3/31

Top priority, fine, but why do they respawn instantly? You should be able to make some sort of escape/keep them quiet for a while?

Well, maybe they'd stop if I killed them all... though not likely.

Meh, maybe I should stick to neutral/good parties. Or be a hypocrite and be evil with a high rep.

5. Duffin Gems: 13/31

Being evil does'nt mean killing everything in sight. To get away with what you can but be smart enough to avoid dropping your reputation so low that the guards wont come for you is much more evil.

6. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    When you are very naughty you can always go to a temple to give away your dirty money and get a clean slate... Last time it worked for me.
    Of course you need to be stealthy or quick enough so they don't catch you.

7. Cantlos Gems: 3/31

thought about that as well. Stuff went the wrong way when te amnish soldiers in Nashkell suddenly attacked me (starting LE, with Viconia), that, and I did the archeologist quest the evil way.

Well, to the temple I shall go then.

8. Duffin Gems: 13/31

If you dont like the idea of donating you could just pretend you used the money to bribe some Amnish official or something.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.