1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Inactive members

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Arahar, May 29, 2010.

1. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Is there ever going to be a members scrub to get rid of all the people that signed up for just a couple questions then bailed?

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    No, we don't really need to remove inactive members. I'd certainly never remove those who posted at least once, but we've never had a cull of 0-post accounts either. A substantial number of people who register don't post until months and in some cases years later.

You have to keep in mind that the majority of people who register on BoM only do so to get an answer to one or two questions... people who stay around for longer and get involved in non-gaming forums as well are in the minority.

3. Kirvanan Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Just because some of us don't post very often doesn't mean we're not still around. I believe it's called "lurking".

4. CelticDream

CelticDream I play well with others... others, not you Veteran

Media:
    There can't be a more fun place to lurk than SP! :D

5. Jathszu Khatharua Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I'm really glad that I can come here from time to time and be sure my account is still here. :)

6. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Arahar, judging by your join date and post count you lurk around here quite a bit. Wouldn't want to lose you if Tal does decide to purge inactive accounts ;)

Seriously, I don't think there's any harm in keeping them. I personally lurked for years before creating an account and then immediately started posting, but I remember we had a number of people whose first posts were months after their join date.

7. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    And Zee hasn't shut up since :lol:

8. Ziad

Media:
    Hey! I went away for months at a time, several times :(

9. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Oh I know all about lurking :D and I'm sure that Tal will never boot me from Sorcerers at least he'll wait until my 9000+ days of SPS wear off. Only reason I asked was because I was looking at the members list and saw people with 0-5 posts that joined Before I did.

10. Ziad

Media:
    He's already got your money so... ;)

11. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Ok, that sounds creepy....:p

12. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I joined to ask a question about Icewind Dale II. Managed to post roughly 200 posts my first year. Then came one of Harbourboy's Ancient SPers poles and I came out of the old age closet, stole Splunge's crown and never looked back. :)

SP is a great place to lurk, great place to discuss games, great place to argue. Argue in a friendly fashion of course.

The Internet is a strange place, we can get so friendly and build a little community but people disappear for various reasons. These past three years I have not been able to be as active because of different sorts of problems.

13. CelticDream

Media:
    Oh goody, I creeped BoV out!! Woohoo!! Mission accomplished :D

14. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    There's a place for everyone; Creepy, Drunk, Short, Fat, French (ok, short and fat was me)

15. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    They're creepy and they're kooky
    Mysterious and spooky
    They're altogether ooky....

Loreseeker likes this.
  16. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Don't forgt bald, I don't want to be left out. And roguishly handsome, just ask me!:D

17. CelticDream

Media:
    Short and fat works for me too... :lol:

The Adams Family! :D

Of course you'd say that! But please, don't say bald and roguishly handsome together... gives me the ewwws because my dad is bald and I don't want to think of those two in conjunction with each other... that would just be... ewwwwwwwwwwww.... ok now I'm creeped out!

Blades of Vanatar likes this.
  18. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Some baldies can be handsome. I have a full head of hair *touches wood* as of yet though.

19. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Yeah, I'm enjoying hair while I can (I have long hair). It's in my gene I will be bald. But I will still be a nice guy! :)

On topic :
    Yeah, some people may come and go before they settle in. I registered in '02, but I really started to participate a year ago (I had 300 something posts before summer '09). Even if they don't engage more than a post or two, it's their choice, but we shouldn't kick them out just in case. (Although you could argue that if they're really interested for whatever reason, they'll register another time...)

20. Blades of Vanatar

I also lurked around before joining for about a year. The info about the IE games is what drew me.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.