1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Improved Sarevok?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by ion, Jan 8, 2007.

1. ion Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Just finished the game for the first time in close to 8 years. I played with the sword coast expansion installed. I have heard this makes Sarevok more difficult. However, I found this battle super easy compared to the tanarri battle at the end of the expansion pack. I just hit Sarevok's group with a dispel magic and then loaded them full of arrows, saving Sarevok for last. Yeslick, my meat shield took some damage from Sarevok, but this could have been avoided if I bothered to summon some skeletons. So, how exactly was this battle improved from the original game?

2. Lycrius Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Heh. little late for this post but I think the hp of enemy charachters is higher (haven't played there with the expansion yet) but could the answer be that you simply had like some super crew with you (what's the lvl cap in bg1 like 7 or 8?) anyway first time I played bg through I had seriously under lvld group and got my back beaten up good but only one death (ta daa Xan, you didn't guess).

3. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

AFAIK there has been done nothing to improve Sarevok via the TotSC addon

4. Lycrius Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Well that was an option too =D

5. raptor Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

He was at least raised a couple of levels, and he lost hes magic resistance (Iirc he was Magic Resistant something like 90% + in original) and only got some great saves instead.

6. Synergy14 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Yeah I always found it a little frustrating how Gorion pelted Sarevok with those Magic Missiles no problem, but when it came time for me to face him...well, we all know what would happen.

7. Nathaniel of Candlekeep Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

For the original poster there is a mod out for BG1 called Fields of the Dead where the A.I. of the game has undergone a serious overhaul. Im hearing the fight with Sarevok is very tough. If youre looking for a challenge check it out.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.