1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Improved Human Flesh and its "stench of bitter death"?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition' started by Eyebreaker7, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    This item has this info if you look at it in eekeeper:

Improved Human Flesh
    Made from human skin and treated with the blood of a noble dragon and combined with the soul of an innocent girl and powerful protective magic, this armor emits the stench of bitter death. The malevolent armor can only be used by a truly evil person. This is the pinnacle of dastardly protection.
    It's for a lawful evil blackguard.
    How is it actually made in game? I found it, and imported it, with eekeeper.

STATISTICS:

Armor Class: 0
    Saving Throws: +4 bonus
    Magic Resistance: 20% bonus
    Equipped Abilities: +1 DEX bonus, +1 CON bonus, immunity to poison, protection from Good
    Weight: 5
    Requires: 3 Strength

It then lists what classes that may not use it; mage, monk, kensai, & shapeshifter , & you have to be of evil alignment as well.

How could one go about covering up the "stench of bitter death"?
    I know you don't have to worry about it in the game but I'm looking at RP use. I may use it for a home campaign and would like some ideas. I have already decided that I will wear it between 1 lay of clothing, the armor, a 2nd layer of clothing, so it doesn't touch my skin and cause problems with rashes or something. It will also hide the armor. It is only a tunic so that should be easy to cover/hide.
    Whatever I do with it I'll have to convert it to 3.5 edition. Any ideas on what would be what?

Plain, non-magical, armor is:

This is a tunic made from the badly sewn together human flesh that you took from the tanner's house in the Bridge District. If completed it may make serviceable armor, albeit only the most evil of humans could wear such a vile item.

STATISTICS:

Armor Class: 7 (9 vs. piercing and missile)
    Requires:
    3 Strength

Can further be upgraded to +5:

Made from human skin and treated with the blood of a noble dragon, this armor emits the stench of bitter death. The malevolent armor can only be used by a truly evil person.

STATISTICS:

Equipped abilities:
    – Saving Throws: +4
    – Magic Resistance: +20%
    – Move Silently: +20%

Armor Class: 3 (5 vs. piercing and missile)
    Requires:
    3 Strength

Lastly it can be upgraded to the "Improved human flesh" I listed up top.

2. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    You can find human flesh in Athkatla (bridge district) when you're doing the serial killer quest line. It can be upgraded later on after you exit from the Underdark if you killed the silver dragon and took its blood. I'm not entirely sure where the NPC who upgrades it is (maybe Umar Hills). It's been a long time.

3. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I have made the human flesh armour only once, but you'll need the human flesh from the tanner's place in the bridge district, and there should be a letter there as well that should hint at who can help you finish the armour. Then you'll need to kill the silver dragon in the underdark and take all of this to Fael in the Umar Hills. He should be with the other merchants just outside the inn.

You'll need to buy the book of zentharim from him and tell him his (actual) name (Darcin Cole, according to the letter). Then he'll make the armour for you, but when you return he'll know you're not the skinner, so he'll get some mage friends to attack you. Shouldn't be much of a problem, but might cause some collateral damage with the other merchants.

The improved human flesh armour (the one where it actually becomes something you might want to wear if you're limited to leather-type armours) is part of the item upgrade mod. It requires the human flesh armour, Malla's soulstone and a scroll of protection from magic. Malla's soulstone you can get from the quest from the lich in Amkethran, so this is pretty much end of ToB.

4. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    How could one go about covering up the "stench of bitter death"?
    I know you don't have to worry about it in the game but I'm looking at RP use. I may use it for a home campaign and would like some ideas. I have already decided that I will wear it between 1 lay of clothing, the armor, a 2nd layer of clothing, so it doesn't touch my skin and cause problems with rashes or something. It will also hide the armor. It is only a tunic so that should be easy to cover/hide.
    Whatever I do with it I'll have to convert it to 3.5 edition. Any ideas on what would be what?

5. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    All armors include padding one way or another. It doesn't need saying that you're wearing something under the armor. :shake:

There are both alchemical and magical ways of masking your scent. Pass without Trace spell should mask your scent and lasts for a long time. It's fairly easy to get a cheap infinite-use item that can apply it on you. As far as alchemical means go, Pathfinder has a substance called "Scent Cloak" which masks your smell, although it doesn't eliminate it completely. There are, of course, far more expensive or high-level means of achieving the same result.

6. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    How would I go about making an item that can cast Pass without trace? I don't see any item in the DMG that has that ability/power??
    The spell is limited to druid and ranger. Both of which would not wear the armor.
    I'm totally unfamiliar with making items so I have no idea how much it would cost to have one made and how long the spell would last??

7. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    The cost of imbuing an item with a spell ability is spell level * caster level * 1800 gp (at will, command word) or 2000 gp (constant effect). Since the spell has a duration of 1 hour/level, there are no other modifiers, so if you were to craft something like an amulet with a continuous effect of pass without trace it would amount to a whopping 1000 gp in base materials and 80 XP.

8. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    This confuses me. You say x2000 gp for a constant effect yet you say it only cost 1000 gp to to make?? The whole crafting system confuses me.
    How much would it cost to buy one/have one made?

9. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    2000 gp is the base price, 1000 gp + 80 XP is the crafting price, and the market price is whatever the GM says it is.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.