1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Improved Anvil v4.0

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Sikret, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Sikret Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

The BWL site's download center is still closed. This incident delays the public release of IA v4.0. However, this delay also gives us an opportunity to proof-test all of the mod's new quests again. We have some time before the download center opens, so why not to use the time?

I have already tested everything as far as my time would allow, but it's a good idea to have more testers. I may still add more new content to IA v4.0, but the main big quests are already implemented.

I need at least two play-testers: One who wishes to play the mod with a non-evil mage protagonist and one who wishes to play the mod with a ranger protagonist (the new quest added to the ranger stronghold is a very big one and it may need more thorough and careful testing. I may ask the ranger player to play the quest more than once to choose different options during the quest. The quests do not have linear structures.).

The testers' names will be added to the mod's readme and they will be thanked for their precious help. Moreover, those who are waiting for IA v4.0 can have the chance to play it in this way (as testers) sooner than the public release of the mod.

Volunteers to test the mod should read the following conditions carefully and contact with me only if they agree with all of them:

1- Testers should have adequate free time to play the mod very quickly. (Of course, only the new quests need to be tested; so, I don't actually expect the testers to play every feature of the mod.)

2- Testers should not distribute the mod with any other player or person before the mod's public release.

3- Testers should not send any spoilers about the content of the mod to any public forum.

4- Testers should send me regular daily reports.

5- Testers should have installed the game in the following order:
    I)Clean installation of the game (BG2 + TOB)
    II)TOB official patch
    III)Baldurdash TOB fixpack v112
    IV)Selected components of Ease of use (I will tell you which components to install)
    V)Auramaster Druid Kit v4.0 (optional)
    VI)Improved Anvil v4.0

No other mod is allowed at this stage. It's a test and we don't want any other mod to interfere.

Those who are interested can send me PMs. Thanks!

[ November 28, 2006, 17:20: Message edited by: Sikret ]

2. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Well I'm hurting greatly in the free time department, otherwise I'd be interested, but wanted to drop in a word of encouragement for getting this new release ready.

Once I get through NWN2, which is taking bloody forever, I'll most likely head back to BGII, and consequently, my have first run through with IA installed.

3. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Well I personally do not have ANY free time to play BG2 nowadays and plus I have tons of other mods and aww crap, I can not qualify as your tester Sikret, forgive me!

4. OTG Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I wish I could volunteer, and a month ago I would have, but with the imminent birth of my second child, I think my free time will soon amount to nil :(

5. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Funny enough, I'm there soon also. So I guess it will be sparse with BG2 for a while...

6. Andyr Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Ease of Use has been superseded by the BG(2) Tweak Pack. http://www.gibberlings3.net/bg2tweaks/index.php

Of course, Ease of Use still works, just the Tweak Pack contains all of the components and many others. Cam'd be the person to ask about how the coding is different, though I suspect it is similar or the same unless WeiDU developments have led to cleaner implementation.

Thought I'd post in case you weren't away from the fact.

7. Sikret Gems: 13/31

Congratulations, daddies!

No need to worry about the testing program. I already have two dear testers who are testing the mod and sending regular reports to me.

As for having free time to play BG2, I'm sure you will still have some free time during the first few months after your new kids are born. The child is sleeping most of the time in those early months. :)

8. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Oh really, who are the testers you speak of? Just curious! :)

9. Sikret Gems: 13/31

Their names will be published in the "Credits" section of the mod's readme file.

EDIT: I'm glad to inform you that a very experienced BG2 player (actually, the best BG2 player I have ever known) joined the testing team today.

[ December 04, 2006, 19:10: Message edited by: Sikret ]

10. Anjo Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

To tell you the truth Sikret, that doesn't leave much room for speculation, does it? :D Anyway, good luck with your mod!

11. SimDing0 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

There must be some sort of mistake. I am THE MAN at BG2.

(Actually I'm notoriously [faeces] at IE combat, but this doesn't stop me pretending to make AI mods!)

Anyhow, is this BWL outage indefinite, or are we waiting for someone's payday, or what?

12. Sikret Gems: 13/31

Yes, that's him! You just didn't need to hit the spacebar after the word "the". ;)

13. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I agree, thetruth is the best BG2 player I know too! It is great that he can join your team! :thumb:

14. Anjo Gems: 6/31

I just wasn't sure if you wanted to reveal who he is yet, so I tried not to make it *too* obvious. :D

15. thetruth Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

[​IMG] Wow,thanks for the support guys :D . But obviously you don't know many BG2 players :p :p

16. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

^Surely you jest! Is there any BG2 player better than you out there?

17. Anjo Gems: 6/31

Yeah we don't know many who have soloed the game with all those mods as a plain fighter, or a cleric.

18. Sikret Gems: 13/31

I have more (and better) reasons for admiring thetruth as the best BG2 player. when he was testing IA v2.0, he noticed things (and reported them to me) which really surprised me. He sees every small detail of events while playing the game. I have not seen any other player who can observe all details of events (even during the hardest combats) with such an unbelievable precision.

19. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I agree again, his walkthroughs of mods were very detailed and well written! :) I miss them though, looks like I will search the forums and read the glory of a solo fighter and then cleric once again! Cool stuff! With awesome SShots too! :thumb:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.