1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Imoen's artifact

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Rastamage, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Rastamage Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

So I'm in a fresh game of BG1. Imoen just made her artifact out of Tarmesh's spellbook. I can't for the life of me figure out what it does. Anybody want to clue me in? A PM is fine if you don't want to make a spoiler.

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I can't remember properly :hmm:

Seem to remember it affecting dexterity and making you into a squirrel. I'll have to test this!

3. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

8people is somewhat right.

4. Aegor Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

You get the +1 DEX and I think that's it (although the game text also says "polymorph other: Imoen" so there might be a low % chance for something else to happen as well... not sure what though :p ).

5. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Eh? How do you do that? Does Immy have to be dualled to mage or something?

6. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Not really.

When you kill Tarmesh in FAI, Immy picks up his spellbook and keeps it. Some time later, she creates the artifact, if you let her pursue her "magic studies".
    (At least I think I remember it correctly. :) )

You use the artifact to get the result.

7. The_Curt_Jester Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I think it added a polymorph ability when I used it. I don't remember about the DEX. I'll have to try again.

8. Ironhawk Skylord

Ironhawk Skylord If a tree kills alone in the forest, does it make

Is that Tutu doing that, or what kind of mod?

9. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I think it is the bg1npc mod that does it because she did it in my BGT game.

10. Rastamage Gems: 6/31

Is the +1 Dex permanent?

11. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

No the dex increasement isn't permanent.

It's one of the features of BG1NPC. Should indeed be mandatory for every BG1(tutu) game.

12. cmorgan Gems: 6/31

The ploymorph icon displays, but it is bg1npc added with a +1 to dexterity for an extended time. It uses the cloned polymorph spells effects to show you have used it.

13. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

As a result it gives a nice +5% boost to various thievery skills, useful when Imoen needs just a little 'push' to unlock that dificult lock or disarm a devious trap in Durlag's. A very handy item but kinda heavy, encumbering Immy with her crappy STR score.

If you dual her to a mage too soon she will not get to create the artifact.

14. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

[​IMG] Now, this is new to my ears!:D What "Artifact" can Imoen make in BG1?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2009
  15. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] It's a mini quest thing added by BG1NPC mod iirc.

I only have my modding setup here and it's been half a year since I previously answered the question :rolling:

16. cmorgan Gems: 6/31

bg1npc spoilers:

Kill Tarnesh at FAI, then let Imoen comment on the spellbook. Be supportive of her and she will begin messing about with it (no spellbook shows up, just the dialog). Awhile later (a few game days) she will fire off a spell that she has been practicing, and attempt a spell. At that point she will create an artifact "spellbook" (an actual item) that can be used once per game day to enhance her dexterity and thus thievery.

17. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Excellent little side quest for Immy, nice! Always find new things popping up on this site. :cool:

18. Taurn Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

not appearing

i cant get her to make the artifact is there some sort of requirements? Is it time passed or game days passed? i was supportive in her magic i think i picked 1,1 the last being its ok to try it or something like that. The problem it causes ive noticed is with any spell casting scripts. she refuses to cast any offensive magic spells until its created. The script i have works fine with dyn and edwin so its not the script. I got her to create it the first time but my next two times ive tried it hasnt worked. any ideas?

19. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

If you dual her into mage early you miss the chance to create the artifact. IIRC she only creates it when she is still a thief, and attempting to mess with magery. And that's why I waited for her to create it before dualling her. She has hit lvl 5 at thief, I left her at Friendly Arm Inn while we went to rescue Dynaheir to gnoll stronghold. When we came back her timer was finished, she immediately created the artifact when I got her back and I dualled her right after. The artifact is handy!

20. Taurn Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

missing

i havnt dualed her to a mage yet. it must be on a really long timer. i went through my last time with her and dualed her at 5 and she hadnt created it before then. but i dont remember which option i picked that time through i just remembered the first time around it seem to happen really alot faster. Do certain people have to be in the party? or do i need to talk to someone?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.