1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Imoen T -> M

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Shaitan, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Capt Massacre Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

The problem with dualing Imoen is that you need a thief right away to progress in the main quest.
    The Bandits Camp, the Cloakwood forest, it's very hard without a thief with good Find Traps and Picklock.
    And what thief is available before then (that is, when you consider dualing Imoen)? The evil Montaron?
    Unless you're playing a thief yourself, it proves paralysing to dual-class Imoen, at least that was my experience.

Even when she gets back her thieving abilities, she's not good enough for the very demanding traps and locks of BG1.

In theory, dualing her is very seducing, but it may spoil the actual game.

2. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Actually. the earliest part of the storyline if your determined to Dual her can be done Simply with Find traps. To my recollection there are no locks that you have to go through in the course of chapters 1-3 if you simply go through the storyline and not do the side stuff.

3. raptor Gems: 16/31

Well to build onto Starwalkers idea here, I often dualclassed Imoen right after nashkel mines, and went through bandit camp without thief, no realy problem, there is a trap on the chest to get to next chapter, suck it up and heal the poor sod that opens it (or get garrick!). I just saved all the chests etc that needed to be opened until i got Coran, the chests are after all still lying there.

4. starwalker Gems: 16/31

If I recall the Bandit Camp Chest isn't even that hard to find and get rid of with find traps.

5. Capt Massacre Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

But it's very frustrating if you can't open all those nice chests in the bandits camp! Sure, you may follow the story without opening them, but that seems unreal.
    I don't go there without good enough picklock and find traps. And using a sucker to trigger traps, isn't it cheesy?

6. starwalker Gems: 16/31

Depending on what way you go in the story. Some of the bandits may get mad if they catch you doing that... But come to think of it they haven't done that in this last installation of mine. I have to wonder why. ~ponders this~

7. raptor Gems: 16/31

You dont have to "forget" them, once you finish the bandit camp, you can go right over kill a few taslois and pick up coran within 1 minute of the first Cloackwood map. Then you can go back and start picking.

Of corse, i have forgotten about it a few times, and in chapter X like "oopps.... did i remember to do the bandit camp again ?" etc.

8. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

Coran runs away if you don't get the wyvern head soon enough. So returning to the bandit camp too early might prove fatal.

9. raptor Gems: 16/31

Wow, what kinda tracks are you using to get to the bandit camp ? its about a day to travel to bandit camp, and to friendly arm in, and then back to cloackwood same place you met him. its the deeper into cloackwood that takes alot of time to travel.

Done it several times with no problem, especially since you can just walk past most everything in cloackwood 2 and 3 and go right for the wyvern cave.

Realtime its a 10 minute detour from i pick up coran until i have looted the bandit camp and returned.

10. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

In my first game I had to return several times from cloakwood to the FAI because the wyvern and ettercap poison was too deadly.

If you use powerword reload and know several important things from prior games it's not problematic anymore.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.