1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Immunities via Shadowkeeper: Useful List

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Gingercat, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Gingercat Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

This will probably be most useful for players like myself who prefer to "Solo" the game and would like to avoid cheap deaths and effects that enemies use. The game's certainly not designed with "solo" in mind, and the enemy tactics reflect this, including time-wasting Charm spells, guaranteed-death Hold/Stun effects and the like. Read on, to see how to block these and take some of the frustration out of Solo'ing Shadows of Amn and Throne of Bhaal.

Firstly, you're going to need the marvellous editor known as "ShadowKeeper". (All credit to the creator of ShadowKeeper of course, and a big thankyou for making ShadowKeeper free and publicly available!) Instructions on the program (and a download link) can be found here:

http://mud-master.com/shadowkeeper/index.html

Next, fire up BG2 and save your game as something other than a Quick or Auto save. If you mess anything up, you will still have your Quick and Auto saves to load from so there's no worries, you see. And if it works properly (which it will if you follow this guide properly) you can save over them later.

Next, you're going to need to open your Savegame file, and on the character you want to add immunities to, scroll right until you find the "Affects" tab. If there are none listed, you'll need to add one. This is done like so:

Click the "CB" button. Scroll down the list to "Aerial Servant", click it, then click "Edit" on the right. Scroll the tabs using the arrows until you find the "Affects" tab. In it will be listed one item:

"Immunity to Effect"

Click this, then click the "Copy" button. Close this window. Back in the "Affects" tab for your character, click "Paste". You now have an "Affect" to work with. Click it, then click the "Edit" button.

For each effect you want to be immune to, "Paste" another item in like you did with the first. (You can click "Paste" 6 or 7 times to give yourself a few to work with; you can "Remove" any excess ones once you're done customising the ones you want.)

The values that go inside the items you're customising are as follows:

Type: 0x00000065
    Param 1: 0
    Param 2: <Number of the effect here>
    Flags: 0x00000009
    Time: 0
    Probability: 100
    Target: 0x00000000
    Resource 0: <Blank>
    Resource 1: <Blank>
    Resource 2: <Blank>
    Resource 3: <Blank>

Keep in mind that all the Affects will use exactly the same info, except for "Param 2". You need to change it depending on what effect you want to be immune to, as listed below. (Remember, only put a number in it, no quotation marks, letters, dashes etc. For example, immunity to Level Drain, you only have to put the number 216 in!)

The numbers necessary for Param 2 are as follows:

5 - Charm-type spells - Charm Person, Dire Charm, Domination, etc (Wow, but Charming/Dominating a solo player is useless! All it does is waste time... Lots and lots of time...)

24 - Fear effects - Horror spell, Vampire Fear etc

45 - Stun - this is essentially a death sentence for a solo character; Stun lasts more than long enough to be beaten to death by anybody

106 - Morale failure - Same deal as Stun; when your character is running around uncontrollably they're a perfect target for an easy (and frustrating to the player) kill.

109 - Hold - Ie, Hold Person spell; an attack by a Shadow Fiend; etc. Being Held is the same as being Stunned: Guaranteed death for solo's.

211 - Imprisonment - including the Imprisonment cast by Kangaxx, this is a death sentence for a solo character unless they're Protected from Abjuration (which has a habit of running out at a bad time... :p ) and a real nuisance in general, as you have to cast Freedom to dispel it.

213 - Maze - If you're a solo character, this will normally "kill" you even though it's supposed to be temporary, as you're not left with a usable character in the field. Very annoying oversight and time-waster.

216 - Level Drain - including Vampire attacks. A real nuisance.

I myself do not consider it to be cheating to put these in place on my solo F/M/T, as not having them there simply means a lot of my time gets wasted by cheap "deaths". Although they're more geared toward the solo-player experience, I provide this information for those who are interested in blocking some or all of these somewhat annoying effects on their character(s).

Anyway, enjoy :)

2. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

You know, usually, I'm the last person to say this seeing as I'm colourblind regarding the thin red line between powergaming and cheating...BUT!

Your time gets wasted by cheap deaths? Woo...why bother playing then? Just CTRL+Y your way to victory! Oh, and if you're feeling underpowered, there's always CLUAConsole:SetCurrentXP(20000000)... :rolleyes:

If you play an FMT HALF decently, you don't have to worry about any of the stuff you posted about...

Charm: Spell Immunity Enchantment, Helm of Charm Protection

Fear: Resist Fear (lvl 2 spell)

Stun: Free Action (rings, Arbane +2, Flail of the Ages +5 post UAI)

Morale Failure: Never happens once protected from fear.

Hold: See stun, see SI:Enchantment

Imprisonment: Spell Immunity Abjuration

Maze: SI Abjuration again

Level Drain: Amulet of Power. Prot. from Magic Weapons when fighting the Vampires.

So you see...if you know what you're doing, you don't NEED all these fancy shenanigans in SK. Besides, whats the point of getting all these things on your character and then just killing everything? You might as well use CTRL+R to heal your character if something manages to hurt him for like 1 point as well... :rolleyes:

3. Thor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I have to agree with Faraaz actually, you don't really need all those "fancy shenanigans." I would rather use the rings, amulets, spells and such to protect myself.

however,

I really like this list thingy, i've always wanted to give some of my guys immunity to stuff, example, i want make a drow, so i use the elf-race, add some colour, add some MR, and would really like to add some immunities. Now i know how :)
    But what about all the other numbers for that second parametre? Are there a complete list for it out there somewhere?

4. Hux Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Just a tip for Thor, if you want to be a drow and really look like one;

Go into Shadow Keeper
    Open your character
    Click on the appearance panel
    Click on the arrow pointing down (appearance)
    Select "Drow" or "Drow Female"

The only problem with this is when you go into your inventory, it will not show a model of you just nothing.

5. Thor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

The other problem with that is that the character will have a horrible stuttering problem. you get to feel that one when your entire party is transformed into drow in the underdark. (hang on a sec, those are different aren't they?) And IIRC, the equipment won't display on the avatar at all. It will always have that whip-like thing or the spear.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.