1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

immolation chamber

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by werewolf_ph, Oct 29, 2002.

1. werewolf_ph Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

2. Esteban Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

If you have a druid you can shape into the green ugly monster and just hit the monks until they are dead, when you are low of hit points you can cast shape form again to get some hp, it worked for me.

Good luck

3. Grey Ghost Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Also, monks can evade the flamestrikes (so can rogues but they are not as effective in combat). If you have a character, Druid or Cleric, who can cast resist fire then use that spell or storm shell or anything to help reduce fire damage.

Other options, use a mage or sorcerer and cast improved invisibility. Then summon monsters to take out the monks while you dodge the flamestrikes.

4. Suker Gems: 1/31

A single class monk may be the best option. Improved evasion and wisdom AC and decent damage without weapon.
    After all, these chambers are built for monks.

5. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Screw the system, use the weapons! Thats what I did.

6. DarkExile Gems: 1/31

run with the system then you shall win. i used a straight monk and wasnt to hard...

7. Sixmoons Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Do you have a mage or cleric ? Attempt this chamber with a mage or cleric and just summon creatures to fight the bad fire monks on your behalf. A couple of summoned monsters will finish them in no time. Worked for me, dead simple.

8. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I tried a non-monk for 2 real time days to complete it and could barely do so even on Easy level.

Next party had a monk, that smashed it in under 30 secs.

Simply, have a monk do it.

If your party does not have one, then slay them all!

9. Cornelius Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] **Sigh**

I got the last monk down to Almost dead 3 times with my barbarian on the easy setting (Rage is fun...)...but not quite...sorry...cannot sart over w/ a monk...gotta...ugh...use the console to get past this one...

:bang:

10. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

To overcome this room, at least for me, send someone with summoning ability and 'mirror image' ability. The mirror image is to protect from flame strike. Upon teleportation, cast 'mirror image' then summon. The first summon must be a strong one and must complete. The member will mostly die after this. Bring back the dead one back to life and repeat the process. The initial summon will be there to block the monks the second time. If 'mirror image' is expired, remember to recast. Continue to summon and throw in a Mordenkainen's sword, if unde HoF.

Generally, i have few tricks playing the chambers.
    plan A - Summon animate undead, all the way. Well other summon will work but not as effective.
    plan B - If my member dies in the process, but the summons are still inside the chamber, i will not rest but continue the game by sending another summoner inside. Of course, bring back the dead member into life so that he/she can claim the xp as we beat the chamber
    plan C - 'Mirror image' myself as soon as i enter a chamber. So for the first few attacks, those monks cannot disrupt my spell process.
    plan D - Under HoF mode, the monks will have high resistance to various melee damage that the weapons in the chamber or summon minions can offer. The most effective magical sword that can bring into the chambers is Mordenkainen's sword.

11. Demiurge Gems: 1/31

see the Druid vs. Spherincal thread

I didn't have a monk, and I tried a fighter (he kills one, but gets roasted before he can kill the other) maybe ten times with the same result.
    My rogue, never got hit or effected by flame strike, but the monks wore her down, and she could really hurt the monks. She's a Deep gnome so I used mirror image, blur, and invisiblity, and the space bar--but after a dozen tries, I realized that this to was futile.
    Cleric with fire protection got killed almost as soon as he got a weapon.
    But the druid in panther mode with monster summoning worked the first try.
    If you have no monk or druid...
    try to summon as many monsters as possible the moment you materialize and just run around...

I found this room to be far, far more difficult than the others.
    (...but I read the walk-through)

12. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I find it really hard to beleive that so many people found this chamber hard! I honestly think that the clockwork room was harder. The immolation room, all you need to do is grab the weps that are there (if you arent using a monk, i had to use my dwarf fighter) and run around.
    The flamestrikes arent that hard to avoid, and the monks are a bit of a push over. I did have trouble the first time, but all in all its not that difficult a battle.
    *Note*
    I did try it at a notch down from normal difficulty, so that might effect the damage ect. im not sure.

Cheers.

13. SCSI Gems: 1/31

Take a Cleric with 150+ HP and from the start on quickly cast 1 Animate Dead, hope you get a Zombie Lord, these guys are immune to the damage in that room. Then run around a bit, avoid everything and cast another Animate Dead, run around and let the Zombie Lords do all the work.
    My Cleric won with 90+ HP left.

14. Jorgon Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

HAh. I have never used a cheat code to beat any D&D computer games, nor have I ever turned down the difficulty level. Am I that good? I think so. Anyways, I tried like twice on the chamber before I found out about the switches, after that, I went in and had no problem.

15. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I found it rather easy - I decided to have a bit of fun :evil:

I took off ALL the equipment - nothing in her INV at all and she did it all! She only needed a weapon once for the spiders

16. MrGrouch Gems: 4/31

[​IMG]
    Umm, what switches are you talking about jorgon? I didn't find them. Maybe it might have been a little easier if I did.

8people, I thought you had no choice about taking off all of your equipment. Did I miss something?

I for one had a terrible time in it. But considering it really was made for a Monk and I had none, I wasn't too upset by it. Both of my summoners were pansies, so I sent the uber-hp Barbarian in. After an hour of nearly making it each time, I finally had to turn the cheats one and keep healing. I guess some of us just aren't that good. Kudos to those that are.

MrGrouch

17. bigfatphingers Gems: 1/31

I thought it was easy too- fighter using long sword and short sword, just running around the flame strikes and hitting the monks when he could. Didnt even have to reload! My fighter was a drow with maybe 20 strength, dont know if this made it easier, but I still had more than half my HP. What's the deal????

18. Jorgon Gems: 4/31

When you get the timer on the monks started, up where they started a panel opens, alt does not reveal it, but if you pause and run your cursor over the area, the activate lever icon appears, it turns em off so they just die and dont explode.

19. MrGrouch Gems: 4/31

Jorgon, are you talking about the clockwork chamber?

20. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

bighphathphingherhs

sorry

bigfatfingers, drow have magic resistance? I suppose those nice warm fire strikes did heaps of damage?

That is why it is so hard for some characters. Any character that has evasion or innate magic resistance or both will find the monks a pushover because they can't be more than about level 6 monks...

It's the endless burning that sux...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.