1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Immature humor based house rules or elements

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by SlickRCBD, Jun 19, 2010.

1. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I was wondering if my group was the only one to come up with some modifications to the P&P games such as additional spells or variants on existing spells that we thought were hysterically funny at the time, but now seem quite immature.

For instance, I came up with a variant of Stinking Cloud. In game terms, the difference was that the area of effect extended in a cone from behind the caster (actually from the caster's behind), but was slightly larger. Oh, and it had a different material component:beans the caster eats.

The spell was called superfart, and for several years afterwards whoever was playing the wizard would have fun making enemies pass out (or just become nauseous) by having their wizard "fart in their general direction".

So, anybody else come up with something equally funny and immature?

2. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Our group has long joked about a new Cleric "Fecal Domain", including suggestions like Acid Blast and Stinking Cloud as spells.

3. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I remember a friend of mine, while playing Star Wars, had a scoundrel character that bought a cylinder-shaped spaceship...the name "The Penetrator".

4. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Are you sure it was Star Wars and not Star Control? In the first and second game, the Syreen had ships that fit your description exactly.

5. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Ohh it was star wars. He deliberatly wanted a ship that looked like that, just because of the name he wanted to use for it.

6. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

As a DM, a favorite little trick of mine was to have spike traps as deadfalls and of course, the descriptive detail would be that the PC "has just fell 50 ft, landing butt-first onto a 2 foot spike." Immature? Yes. Hilarious facial expression of player? Priceless!:D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.