1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I'm new to this... so could you be my guide Erran?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Sniper, Jul 19, 2001.

1. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

To those people that have been playing 3rd edition rules online...when i submit my form to erren and start playing with you...can you people guide me and tell me if i go against the rules as i only know how to play 2nd edition rules...thankyou

2. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Well as I'm in the same boat as Sniper, I might need a little guidance myself. I'd suggest buying the 3rd edition phb if you already havn't. If nothing else, it's an interesting read. Do you have any of the materials, because if not, there are quite a few links in the 2nd/3rd edition forum to a few sites that have a good deal of the most important stuff.

3. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Sure, I promise to be gentle with ya ;) hehehe. Feel free to e-mail me or ICQ me. there is some free 3E stuff around, and the WotC char gen. takes you thru' some of the new powers.
    In online play I will tell you the consequences of a proposed action:
    eg "I step back 10 feet"
    "That gives the orc an AoO, a free hit"

I want this to be a learning ground for us all, so when NWN ships we'll be 3E- heros.

[This message has been edited by Erran (edited July 19, 2001).]

4. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] If you guys have played 2E, changing to 3E would be that bad. Here are some combat examples to give you an idea of what is going on. http://www.rpgplanet.com/dnd3e/3ecombatexample.htm The hardest thing I to get use to is the AoO or attack of oppertunity rules. I focus on them to make the change.

As stated above I buy the PHB if I was you, but if not I posted link to 3E rule in this forum.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.