1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I'm Back Once Again

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by dragon903, Oct 10, 2001.

1. dragon903 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] sorry everyone i been very busy and now im back.I thought play as a huge lvel perosn would make the game boreing so im now gonna try a new person
    maybe a half fighter and theif
    i think Wizards are cool
    but it takes a long time for them to cast their spells
    i look through and see whats good for me
    Maybe i can have a half orc or someone
    ok everyone im gonna play Baulders Gate 2

By The Way im interested in Never Winter Knights

2. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Go Dragon! Spellslingers of all kinds is very funny to play with. But the only problem is that there is already a supermage NPC that is better than all you can create your self (Edwin, that amulet! wow). I would say go for a thief its funny to sneak about backstabbing and laying traps.

3. Didn't you say you came back in like August?!

4. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I say, if you want to play a mage, don't worry about whether there's a better NPC one - maybe you want a pure mage who's not like Edwin. Or a fighter/thief, it just depends on what you want. If you do go for the mage, would you take the expansion set and get the Robe of Vecna, or not?

5. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

SG, that's why he sais: I'm back once AGAIN. He was back but now he's back again. I have the feeling that he will be back every week now ;)

Ah, just play a swashbuckler or assasin, then you got a half fighter and also a thief. What else do you want? Ah you like spellcasters? Make it a Swashbuckler/Mage!Then you have a Fighter/Thief/Mage but then the XP will be devides between 2 classes and not 3!

6. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Welcome back Dragon :)

Yep, shawshbuckler-mage sounds great (though he has the disadvantage of lacking hit points) anyway, a great class to play - as headbanger said: you have elenemts of all three: fighter, mage and thief with a nice AC bonus (but no backstabb :sosad: ).
    A mc mage-thief is nice to play as well. Good fun :)

7. corbulo87 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] ive been wondering the same thing, dragon. i think that the swashy/mage is a great idea, but i think the backstab ability is great, and an integral part of the thief's background (apart from it being a sweet amount of damage!). i think that an assasin mage is a pretty good idea, you do get good abilities of a fighter + poison(thats a cool ability as well) and being only 2 classes to divide. also a very characterful dude :)

[This message has been edited by corbulo87 (edited October 10, 2001).]

8. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Welcome back dragon. Let us know how it goes.

9. void Guest

You said in the main post that Edwin is better than any other mage, I disagree beacause:

1.The amulet of power is good, if not better than Edwin's with permanent vocalise, immunity to lvl drain and better casting time.

2.Edwin is evil so that means that you can't get more than 18 rep with him in your party, or he'll leave.

3.If your main character is a sorcerer you can be much more powerful (well that's my opinion) with extra spells and you won't have to memorise spells or buy/find scrolls.

So overall Edwin is not really better than your main character he is a good complement though beacause there is only one amulet of power.

Well thats my two gold coins,

Cheers, Void.

10. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Welcome back Dragon! I agree with Void. A sorcerer with a proper spell selection can be mutch more powerful than Edwin could ever be.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.