1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Illithid container in underdark.

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Tofa, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Tofa Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] there is a container in one of the rooms that if you push tab it shows there is a triangular container inside of it. i clicked on the bigger one first and got a lemon staff. if i click on the smaller blue area there is nothing in the panel. thing is that i only see the small contaner with tab, not my cursor. anyone else notice this?

EDIT: don't worry. after sleeping my curor came right.

[ September 04, 2006, 18:13: Message edited by: Tofa ]

2. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Perhaps I'm being slow here, but I have to ask: what is a lemon staff?

3. Redrake Gems: 7/31

Veteran

A staff used to colect lemons from the lemon tree. :D
    I think he meant the Staff of Command. I know what he's attempting to say. There's a table with 2 containers placed one over the other. If you use Tab to highlight them you may be able to see them, but only one contains the staff. What this got to do with lemons is a whole other issue :)

4. Stardust Gems: 7/31

No I haven't noticed it but I currently play BG2 so if I get the same glitch I'll let you know. The reason for the glitch might be that the "tab function" didn't exsist in SoA, it was first made available in ToB.

5. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Yes, I knew about the table with two highlighted sections and the Staff of Command. Unfortunately, no-one but the OP seems to know what this 'lemon staff' is. The mystery continues...

6. Tofa Gems: 7/31

Sorry all. bit of my local slang coming in there. to be "sold a lemon" is to be tricked or duped in any way. the staff looked pretty cool but at the end of the day it wasn't that good. hence: it sold me a lemon. :D

7. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

Hehe, people thought it was a big mystery :D

8. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Oh. Well I'm kinda disappointed now, I quite liked the idea of a staff using lemon power. :(

Actually, the Staff of Command is a useful item to take with you.

9. Tofa Gems: 7/31

i'm preferring my staff mace right now. still need to go get the one in the bridge district.

10. Yulaw9460 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran

Media:
    There´s another "issue" outside the Temple of Amaunator. Some rocks to the south have a highlighted space too, but I haven´t been successful in opening up anything there. I found a note in the temple indicating someone stashing something there...?

11. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

That's related to the ranger stronghold quests.

12. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    There's another weird thing with the Statue of Amaunator where you get the sun gem: one of the "eyes" on the statue when you hold the tab key is indicated as an openable object. However, whenever you try to highlight the eye, you get the talk icon come up. I haven't been able to figure out if there's any way to actually open the "eye container".

13. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

It's easy. :) Send your party into the room with the bones or the hallway where you first come into the dungeon. Keep your thief by the statue with Find Traps on. The eye container should highlight red. Pause; order your thief to disarm the trap. Unpause; let him/her do the disarming. Pause again; use the Open Lock button and hover it over the container until you get the OL icon, then order your thief to unlock the container. Unpause. Pause a third time; have your thief open the container. Unpause; presto! You have a diamond. The previous takes a while to do as you need to wait for the proper icons instead of the talk one to show up.

14. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

Alternatively, you can give those commands from afar, when nobody's actually in the room with the statue and it's not in your line of sight. Then the talk icon won't show up at all, but the open etc. icon will, because of the fog of war. Just don't interrupt the character before they get to the container.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.