1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

if Sylvus runs a campaign i want in

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Wingfoot, Aug 30, 2000.

1. Wingfoot Guest

[​IMG] Sylvus Strongbow (i know its Moonbow)

i was wondering if you planned on DMing a NWN game world. i read your walk thru and your short "auto-bio" on this site, and judgeing by these, it seems as though you now your AD&D.

as much as i would like to play a game in person with you, and others on this board, i doubt that is possible seeing as you are in Canada and i am in Chicago ( although i spent about a month in Ottawa on a fishing expedition as a child. we drove from Chicago, and it wasn't too far), so i guess the next best thing would be to join a NWN campaign run by you. Just wondering.

2. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] I think having this site and Sylvus run a NWNs campaign would be great. We have all the info parts to the site why not a gaming area. It true with us all over the world a in person table top game is not possible but an online game would be cool. I'd love to play. Just one more reason to wait for NWN

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Sylvus already is a NWN DM... or will be when NWN gets released.
    He's one of the official DMs that will run a server in the attempt at recreating parts of Faerun online, using the Neverwinter Nights game as the medium.
    You can read more about it at http://www.alandfaraway.net/ (ALFA). Register the char you will use there too. ;)

4. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Sorcerer is correct. I hadn't read this board for awhile so my appologies for taking so long ;)

I will be handling and running as well as creating Skullport, a foul and evil city beneath Waterdeep and Undermountain, the dungeon above it. I joined the ALFA Team early on and have been with them since so look forward to what looks to be turning out as an awesome project.

I'm already working on the web page for this particular server for the ALFA Team and when it's complete, I'll pass it along so you can get a taste of what to expect on my server. First things first though, the game and then of course, getting to Undermountain and Skullport won't be such an easy task when you'll have Waterdeep above to fully explore ;)

Sylvus

[This message has been edited by Sylvus Moonbow (edited September 09, 2000).]

5. Mithrilhammer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] I went over and checked out ALFA and got hooked! I registered as a player there and can't wait 'til everything's up and running.

I have to say, ever since I started using these boards I've been astounded at the amount of information you guys have. I actually almost feel a little like a thief but I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for always having the answer. ;)

6. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

ALFA is by far the best project in re-creating the Forgotten Realms and I'm not saying that because I am part of it as a Dungeon Master, but because of looking at all the other options and projects available to join. It was the only true source of Forgotten Realm material that was actually attempting to create it with NWN.

It's the only place I've known as a Dungeon Master for P&P and unfortuantly, my own campaign The Trio Tale is on hold while my players and myself get 3rd Edition down and I'm still waiting on the DMG to arrive.

I think you made a good choice in joining ALFA. Another thing I love so much about it is the limits in certain races. (IE, you won't see 500 Dark Elf Dorks running around) because it was limited to 10 applications which is reasonable and keeps to the Forgotten Realms atmosphere. Dark Elf adventureres are rare in FR as well as in ALFA.

Sylvus

7. Mithrilhammer Gems: 5/31

That's a good reassurance especially because it does keep it real. I think I've maybe run into 4 dark elf characters in my 13 years playing. It is good to have a variety of pc's but if everyone picks the same thing then it tends to get old fast.

I'm really looking forward to it and when I filled out the app I thought quite a bit about what I wanted to be but I just had to go with my fav--a dwarf. Can't help it, everyone's got a fav. I just moved to a new city and don't really have anyone to game with yet and the ones I have run into don't have the hours I can keep to. I believe this is going to be the perfect solution to that and I'm looking forward to seeing your little corner of the world Sylvus. You'll know me... I'll be the fighter/cleric ranting about the wonders of Moradin :D

8. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

My corner of the world you say? Well, it's quite the place actually, being beneath Waterdeep and all.

Undermountains level 1, 2 and 3 will be my domain and part of the realms that I will have to maintain and control as well as create for those joining the ALFA Project. Along with those levels of the dungeon, I also wanted a city to control and what a better place to do so than a mile deep with Skullport!

My area will not be for the faint of heart and I will do my best to make it as it is already in the Realms, a place some go into but only a handful ever return from.

Sylvus

9. Mithrilhammer Gems: 5/31

I didn't mean little in the literal sense. Hope I didn't offend you, I know a boatload of work has to go into it.

I've played Undermountain and you're absolutely right. I've had more than one character go in and never come back out. It's an awesome dungeon tho and I'm sure you'll do it proud! I definately won't be visiting you until I've made quite a few levels!

Whatever happens... fame, glory, or gory death I will enjoy every minute of game play :)

10. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

Nah, of course you didn't offend me, not yet anyhow :)

As for Undermountain, I do own the boxed set that came out ages ago, bought it with my own wonderment of dungeons and the rooms within. There are times a DM gets dry of ideas and although I never, ever got the chance to DM Undermountain as it should be, I used a lot of ideas and rooms when I created my own for the campaign I was running at the time.

Re-creating it will be a task on its own and I'm currently working on the ALFA Server Page and may have to enlist some players to help create monsters or other things within the Dungeon. Make it an in game relation to "reality"

"Calling all crazy and insane men or women who's own creations have been banished by authorities of Faerun. Do you have a pet you want to unleash? Undermountain is the place to come" or something to that effect.

When the server goes live, I'll most likely only have the first level done, perhaps only a little bit of it even because it will be a very huge task to take next to work, the lady friend and of course, family.

I have enough faith that when the game comes out and ALFA goes up, that there will be a slew of players who would be more than happy to claim Undermountain as part of their own if I ever need building assistance.

Sylvus

11. Mithrilhammer Gems: 5/31

Oh I have no doubt whatsoever that you'll have players jumping at the opportunity! I've known some people to come up with some very .... different... sorts of monsters. I think with all the extra input, it could only make game play that much more interesting! No one will ever be able to say that your area is predictable :cool:

I also have a question. I only have one computer but both my husband and I are interested in ALFA. Do you know if there's any way 2 people in the same house can play? Or would I have to have another computer? I do have an extra monitor and keyboard but only one hard drive so I get a feeling that we're gonna have to take turns playing. Oh well as long as I can play at all I don't care :D

12. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Just out of curiousity, what is your day job, slyvus?

13. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

I think it's safe to say you and your husband will be able to play in the ALFA world, but you won't be able to play together until you get a second computer. Sharing your current one may start some nasty fights where either one of you could end up sleeping on the couch, depending on how much you want to play NWN, I highly suggest sitting down and have yourself a family meeting before the game comes out :)

And to answer Shura's question, you can read about what I do here:
    http://www.sorcerers.net/Community/About/about_sylvus.php

Syl...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
  14. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I just joined boo-yeah!

15. Wingfoot Guest

the Boo-Ya Tribe, remember them. Egg did you just join now? i cant, that section of the site is down due to 'server changes'.

16. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

No. I joined a while ago, I just forgot about posting that.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.