1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

If I had a Billion Dollars . . .

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Mathetais, Aug 8, 2001.

1. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] I was talking about this with ArtEChoke in the Friendly Arn Inn the other day.

If I had a billion dollars, what would I do with my life. . . .

I'd be interested in your responses.

Mine - for starters . . .

I would spend a year in the mountains of Colorado or the Pacific North West bringing my wife and baby, and a boat-load of batteries for my laptop w/ a satellite internet link. Supplies could be brought in via helicopter.

Then I would buy a loft like Highlander had in his TV show in the city of my choice (Portland, Chicago or New York) and do the work I feel "called" to do.

2. Dudette Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

... in about 4 minutes it would be spent on clothes, computer games, books, etc.

3. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I'd buy the Philadelphia Flyers, a scottish castle, an island, a beach house, a harem, finish law school, have a huge party and invite everyone I knew, take a ride on the space shuttle, and travel EVERYWHERE!

I'd also probably do something philanthropic, like helping out kids or something...Maybe start my own school! God knows the US needs them!

4. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

i would buy a million dollar house, buy lots of bigscreen tvs, and get all the channels. i already have state of the art computers, so i dont need new ones. id buy any good games that i dont have currently. i would invest another 2 million in stocks of my choice. and half of the rest in an offshore account somewhere. the rest i would have transferred into hundred dollar bills, and i would stash it in a safe.

5. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I would do just about anything I wanted to. It would be near impossible to spend it all.

6. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Mathetais, I see your companies servers are back up.

Yes just as our conversation went, I'd go hiking for the rest of my life, with a laptop and pay some poor schmuck to carry a huge satellite relay around so I could have a great internet connection!

7. I would move to some country where you can have several wifes and buy a big ass house and not do a days work for the rest of my life :D :D :D

And I would also buy myself all the coolest cars and TANK, yeah I need a tank, think I'm going to buy one anyway. Any one know how much one of those babies cost.

8. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I would buy homes for all of my family (mom, dad, me, maybe even my sister) and set my grandmother up with a handicap-accessible home and all the servants she needs to see to her every wish. (Which would include some pleasant old gentleman to listen to her endless ramblings day in and day out). I'd bring all the kids in my family to Disneyworld, pay for any type of education they wish for, wherever they wish, then send them all off on a world tour.

Then I'd hop a flight to Hawaii to visit Swanic. :D

9. Gash Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I would buy WCW and singlehandedly beat Vince McMahon in the ratings war (mwa ha ha), Buy my own record label then sign Lolly to it, But my own private island and call it sometihng original like "Gash-land" and then finally pay to have the owners of Kerrang!TV beaten up, because that channel annoys me

10. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I would buy me some slave *evil grin*

Like Grace or Annah ;) :D

J/K

Seriously, I would use it for people who lost all. I don't want to be happy around people who aren't happy.

11. shadow_thief Guest

I would:
    get myself my own mansion
    get myself some decent clothing
    move myself to California
    get myself some more books
    get myself daily teen magazines
    get myself whatever comes into my head...

12. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

oh my my... what would i do with a billion dollars... hmmmmm

Well.. first i would buy a million dollar home... a house in hawaii and a house in the okanagan (BC). Then i would buy TONS of clothes, get a few male slaves, and a NANNY!

Then i would travel the world! Starting with Chicago :D

13. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] errrrr . . . . Kitiara. Where exactly should I send my resume???

I have experience in cooking, cleaning, and boot kissing. My strengths include dazzling blue eyes, a stong back, and a high tolerance for pain and pleasure. :D

References availible upon request.

14. BogiTheWaverer Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I would try to hold my feet on the floor and live a life of easy(details would take too much space) :D

Btw Mathetais, do i smell grease on you? ;)

[This message has been edited by BogiTheWaverer (edited August 08, 2001).]

15. Gopher thighs Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I'd pay someone to remove the Cowled wizards...assuming an exchange rate of 1 dollar = 1 gp figure that could buy a lot, or am I confusing the boundaries or reality again??????

Actually it's too much money for anyone (even Gates) to handle - just think of the interest on even a bog standard current account - 1% of $1bn is (depending on your definitions) at least $10 million per annum - you could ensure that nobody ever starved to death ever again if you spent it right. Or alternatively if your name is George, you could destabilise the world anti-nuclear treaties for a questionably effective protection against one of many different ways of delivering nuclear warheads - still waiting for the "anti-truck defence system" - or maybe that's the speed cameras?????

16. Brega Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] If i had a billion dollars, i would buy a bar and with the rest i would buy music, comicbooks, computergames, an original signed copy of "Ace of Spades" and of course a kickass computer!!!

17. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

A billion dollars, eh?

Moon base. Space station. Training for my shock troops. Money to buy politicians in every major democratic nation and to finance revolutions in as many other nations as I can. Money to brainwash impressionable youths into whatever cause I see fit to let them loose on.

The world would be mine.

I'm one of those people who, when asked what they would wish for if they had 3 wishes, wouldn't bother with the last two. 'Omnipotence' covers just about everything, I think. :D

18. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Deviant Mage, I like your style.

19. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Gimme an inch, I take...what's the combined surface area of the Earth and Moon? :D

20. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Deviant, I think you misread. It said a BIllion, not a TRIllion. Go ask NASA how much they spend. :(

Buy a nice house. All the books/computer games/women I can ever use. Then bank the rest and give the interest to charity each year.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.