1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ideas for a PC background required

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by stormhand, Jan 5, 2005.

1. stormhand Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I just started DMing a game after some 10 years going without doing so. I have a group of 5 PC to manage and came up with some ideas for 4 of them; I'm now missing a fifth one and I'm asking for your help. Here's a little bit about the story and current ideas:

Four of the PCs woke up in a cell, not knowing anything about their past. They obvisouly have to find out about themselves. The PCs and the respective ideas for each are as follows:

- Sorcerer/Cleric of Mystra, to be a Mystic Thyrge (sp?). He is a Chosen of Mystra and will develop his powers over time.

- Paladin of Mystra. Asked by Mystra to protect its Chosen (hereabove). Will also find out he is an illegitimit (sp?) son of Azoun IV and will eventually have to prove his worth in order to get some piece of land to establish a fief.

- Fighter, specialized in archery. Will be able to develop some lycanthrop powers to transform into a dragon (albeit not a strong one in order to keep game balance).

- Druid (not part of the 4 originals PC). Will be given a faerie dragon (similar to Newt from the Monnshaes) as animal companion who's under a curse which will need to be removed for it to transform into a "real dragon" (btw, does anyone know where to find the faerie dragon's stats in 3.5E?)

- Last PC, a Ranger who wants to become an Arcane Archer (I know, 2 archers in the group :rolleyes: but that's what they want!).

So I would need some ideas for this last PC. I'm open to all knids of suggestions and the basics can still change as none of them knows anything about themselves yet, even if we've already played 4 sessions!

Thanks for your insights.

2. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

If the Ranger is nature-oriented, how about making him a close friend or sibling of the druid so they will have something in common?

I don't recall there being stats for faerie dragons in the new edition. You could probably substitute a pseudodragon.

3. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Faerie dragon stats can be found in the Draconomicon. If you do decide to substitute it with a pseudodragon, be aware that a pseudodragon is much weaker than a faerie dragon.

4. Lord Garak Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

How about the druid having to find something to help the fighter become a "weredragon". Which would make the druid and fighter:

1.either good friends who haven't seen each other in a while.

2.brothers who want to help each other so they won't have to talk anymore(family trouble).

3.fighter pays the druid for his help.

Or some combination of those.

5. Newfie Banned

How about a half-orc barbarian/cleric of Tempus(Kord)who awakes in a cell after being thrown in there after a bar room brawl?

6. stormhand Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] Thanks for the input. I like the idea of linking both the ranger and druid to help the fighter with its ability to shapechange. I will try to find more common links between the two nature oriented PC.

On a side note, do you know if the faerie dragon is still similar to Newt from the Moonshaes or are they now more "common" dragons?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.