1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Icewind Dale mod for NWN2

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by Laclongquan, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Laclongquan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

also known as Icewinter mod.

The option to create a full party from scratch has me spend hours to create them. The hardest part would be inventing a back story for each characters and party. We are satisfied after the third round!

Game master warn that no use for dialog skills so my bard is the most fluent with her highest charisma (no sorceress). Wizard. Fighter. Cleric. Paladin. Rogue is Deep Gnome (ECL3) because I want some low level weight to increase the amount of xp gain (10k to level2). When he change from Rogue to Ranger, and can summon his bear, that animal will be the second weight. During that journey, he will be the back rank archer, ugly bastard that he is~ (final note: Turn out level average aspect is not as planned. For later run, should change to Tiefling Ro10/F8/NWN2 longbow)

Note: I have all my character change to Lawful Good, god Torm, so that later on some high level cleric spell will buff to the max. Bard must be neutral good, so oh well. Cleric is Healing/Sun, the configuration of Tarl in PORR. It is nice to empower Cure Serious Wound and Searing Light at level 2 tier.
    + Note: Ro/Ran Deep Gnome will change god once he get Ranger level. Since he's Neutral Good, his choice is limited and will not contain Torm. So I think we should choose a Neutral Good god for the party instead of LG god. (Tiefling Ro10/F8/NWN2 make this point moot)
    Some gamey thing I use is to create leader, then add all level 1 chars into my party to rob them off armor then kick out. They come to 1500~ gold all sold, with some stuffs behind for two frontline warriors. barely enough to outfit weapons to the rest. Pricey Pomab~

The bard pay off immediately with the Jhonen quest.

---------- Added 19 hours, 59 minutes and 54 seconds later... ----------

Because I dont know how to set image to width 800

Though these are not my party current outfit, it's not that far from it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Your party's creation
    [​IMG]

Easthaven's starting time~
    [​IMG]

Severed Hand
    [​IMG]

Final Notice:
    - Normal 6man party end the game at around level 13, with hardest difficulty judged to be balanced. For additional diff, considering add the mod 1/2 Heart of Fury in Sorcerers net nwn2 mod page. It add more HP and boosts to enemies and some additional XP to reflect that.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  2. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Ich dien ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Is there any difference between the pictures that you posted twice?

3. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    These two threads list three programs that can resize an image to 800x600. Irfanview, GIMP, and Microsoft Image Resizer Powertoy. Instructions and download links for the first two are in the first link, download link for Microsoft's Image Resizer is in the second.

http://www.sorcerers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58442

http://www.sorcerers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=61423

Irfanview and Microsoft Image Resizer are the easiest, GIMP is to Photoshop as Open Office is to Microsoft Office. In other words a freeware open source alternative to Photoshop.
    It's a bit overkill for this job.

4. Laclongquan Gems: 5/31

Veteran

Paint can do the job in that case.

I dont want to download it then resize it then reupload it. IT's too much a pain. I want to set the width in html/forum code so it display the auto-resize image. The image is basically unchanged.

Also, no, the two set of pictures are the same. I just messed up the code, is all.

-------------------
    Back to the game.

We got full access to three workbenches in Kuldahar, lots of weapon/armor molds. ores and essences can be looted from enemies.

As such, I decide to dedicate the wizard to a crafter build. Possibly a Wiz10/AsocX.

Deep Gnome Rogue get enough XP to level up to 2, dual to Ranger. This change his god... which is a pain. I might have to use char editor to change everyone else to his god. In this case, Chauntea seem the best bet, no fuss, no mush. Also, DG can not use Long bow, which the Duskwood LB I just crafted for him is useless. Enlarge Person doesnt help. We shall see if enough UMD level can help with that, but in that case it would waaaaaaay too long in future. Nope, doesnt help. Do a givexp to check, but 18 UMD is nothing.

Clear the Kresselac Tomb, but not kill the Auril priestess yet. Everyone other than the DG get to level (10k xp achieved).

Kresselac Tomb is full of undead, the which both Paladin and Cleric can turn, though we rest often to regain TU. We can fight without that ability, but that mean getting it heavy and hot with Temple Guardians and Ghast, both are dangerous enough to warrant kill them from afar if we can. Both get Eagle boost to raise effiency, potion can be bought from Kuldahar, or level 2 divine (arcane if you learn from a scroll).

Money is tight. After Kresselac we have 2200, not buying much.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  5. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I just looked, and sure enough, the resize function of the version of mspaint.exe included with Windows 7 lets you specify pixels.
    In previous versions of Windows including Vista, you could only resize by a percentage, making you have to look at the attributes and then do some math to figure out what percentage to use to get within a pixel or two of the desired size. That applied for Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000, XP, and Vista. Probably 3.1 as well, but I can't remember.
    [​IMG]
    My computer is set up as a dual boot with Windows Vista Home Premium (64-bit) on on hard drive, and Windows 7 Professional on the other, so I just ran the D:bad:windows\system32\mspaint.exe instead of the paint in my accessories menu.
    (for some reason whichever Windows is active makes its own hard drive the C drive, a departure from previous versions which would make the later versions install on the D drive)

I don't think I've ever tried the resize feature in Windows 7 before. As I said, all previous versions of paint did it by percentage only, so I never even though to look since I "knew" it did not do what I wanted it to do. That's what 20 years (OK, 15 years since 7 came out in 2009) of no change will do for you.
    I can't remember if the Paint in Windows 3.1 had a resize feature or not. I never owned Windows 3.1, but did get to play with it on other people's computers.

Just to clarify, The Windows 7 version now has a way to specify pixels, and presumably Windows 8 as well, but I am unable to verify 8 at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2015
  6. Laclongquan Gems: 5/31

Veteran

I always do simple image procession by paint. I can install other apps, but frankly, the natures of lightweight, fast, and native of paint make me really dont want to bother with alternatives.

Even if I have to some mental math or try/reset/retry commands.

=====================

Dragon Eyes: That narrow corridor is a huge pain, especially the doorway. The enemies are dangerous but manageable with full buff from cleric, wizard, and bard. It's lucky that they dont use poison arrows because there are too many archers on the opposite force.

The traps are plenty, but the danger is only so so, The fighter or paladin can just run ahead full tilt to trigger traps on the road. Havent seen any dangerous trap like in BGR's TOSC yet.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  7. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    The point was that prior to Windows 7, Paint could NOT resize an image to a specific set of dimensions. It would only resize to a given percentage. Thus it was necessary to install a third party program. Microsoft even provided a "Powertoy" for this purpose for XP users, but I'd been using IRFanview since getting my first Windows 98SE computer back in 1999 (Before that I used GraphicConverter 3.0 on the Mac).

I'm sorry if there was a misunderstanding. I honestly had no idea that they changed it with Windows 7 prior to your post. I never bothered to look.

I do use Paint myself to create screen shots, and to do a few small touch-up jobs, such as censoring an aforementioned screen shot of nonpublic information before posting to a message board, or adding a caption or an arrow pointing to what I'm talking about.
    It's a good Paint program, ripped off of the original MacPaint, but everybody ripped off that one.

BTW, Paint was part of at least Windows 2.0, I remember playing around with it as a kid on somebody else's computer.

8. Laclongquan Gems: 5/31

Veteran

Final post of this mod

6man party end game at level 12, might MIGHT get to 13 with some tedious grinds which I dont bother. Full buffs from cleric, wizard, bards, ensure that paladin and fighter hit like two trucks, and Deep Gnome shooters give adequate cover fire.

Rogueish skills are not needed: no dangerous traps that a fully buff fighter or paladins can not take. Enemies spawn on seeing our chars, so Survival/Track are not effective half of the time. Craft Alchemy and Trap are not needed since we can not fight enough raw materials to worth investment. Although, the highly skilled rogue make shortwork of the traps in final fight, which is a load off our shoulders.

Buffs on our melee is better than offensive spells. The cleric and wizard can afford to take a feat or two for item crafting. The additional accessories will be welcome, since shops dont sell enough. The few unique weapons/armors can be enchanted further.
    Tip: enchant the bows with acid and fire damage so that we dont have to bother switching/buying those two types of arrows.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.