1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Icewind Dale 2 custom dll invalid checksum problem

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by MADMIKE815, May 20, 2020.

1. MADMIKE815 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Veteran

So i just re-installed IWD 2 recently and was trying to use the custom dll mod. I downloaded and followed instructions however when i placed iwd2.exe in the file to patch field and the gog patch.rup as the second part it says iwd2.exe invalid checksum. I followed instructions to the T so not sure whats going on with it. Can anyone help me out? Note: I'm using gog galaxy, I'm on windows 10, i do not have it installed to program files, i am running it as an administrator on all fronts (game, gog galaxy, program to install custom dll). Does anyone have any reason, or can help me with why iwd2.exe is throwing an invalid checksum through this program?

2. MindChild

MindChild Science should not set limits to imagination Resourceful Veteran

I wonder if GOG did something to their release over the last few years. I will take a look at it and see what i can do to make it work. are you able to give me your checksum of your iwd2.exe file?
    http://onlinemd5.com/ just copy the File checksum for me so I can make sure i am using the same file as you are

I just bought the GoG version, downloaded and installed it, and tested my custom patcher i made in 2013 and it worked.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxu7DFeKfYs5ekMxdTZhVmZEd00/view?usp=sharing

md5 i had was 25CB3D8AA2EC648E94E328D8C467973E

edit again:
    seems there is something different with the file, the version change is applied in the wrong place. I will have to look at it again

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  3. MADMIKE815 Gems: 1/31

Veteran

This was my md5 checksum of the file 25CB3D8AA2EC648E94E328D8C467973E. I haven't used your custom patcher i was using the oiuja patcher that came with the zip file for you custom dll. I didn't see anywhere where it allowed me to uncheck a check some box. Not sure? Sorry boss I'm not a programmer and have some experience in installing mod but not a lot.

Edit:
    It was the oija patcher that came with the zip file of the 2012 custom dll on sorceres.net download file. I used you iwd2 patcher you linked and it installed fine. Thanks for taking a look though it was just the patcher giving issues.

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  4. MindChild

MindChild Science should not set limits to imagination Resourceful Veteran

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2020
    Acrux, xosmi and Taluntain like this.
  5. Acrux Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

I'm so glad I found this thread! I just got a new computer and of course the first thing I did was to install IWD2. I couldn't get the old patcher to work, and was going to be disappointed if I couldn't play with MindChild's dll.

6. dunehunter Gems: 1/31

@MindChild I tried the 1.5.1 verison of CustomDLL and the backstab feature seems to be not working. Is this still in progress?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.