1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I want a funny party

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by piratebbbb, Jun 12, 2003.

1. piratebbbb Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I have heard that Keldorn gets good conversations... But I need the most funniest party that you guys can think of

2. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

That would be me and Death Rabbit with a one legged midget who just happens to have a bladder control problem.

Lonk the Sane still wouldn't stand a chance.

3. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Beware, odd mixtures result in alignment conflicts and fights. But since you want *fun*, hehe. Try :p :D

4. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

How about Edwin, Minsc, Keldorn, Kagain and Viconia?
    Should get messy and fun =)

5. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    @ Late Night

Yeah dude - don't forget my half-goblin Chavalier...with turretz syndrome and a hairlip. :D That party would rule.

From everything I've read, the funniest party consists of:

You
    Minsc
    Jan
    Edwin
    Jaheira
    Keldorn (or Mazzy, or Korgan)

Ida know - I think everyone has funny lines here and there. Just some more that others. IIRC, Valygar, Imoen, Cernd and Haer Dalis have the least funnies. Jan, Edwin and Minsc would seem to be necessities.

You may consider downloading the patch that stops the evil characters from leaving when your rep gets too high, so you don't have to worry about it. But that's just a convenience judgement call.

6. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Having Mazzy and Korgan in the same party can be fun. I love watching the dwarf hit on the halfling. (If they had a kid, it would be interesting to see how that whole hair thing turned out.)

7. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] rofl2 you all.

I think DR said the best party, but a person with tourrets? That would be cruel!

8. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Hey, what's so funny in 'you?' ;)

9. spoogemonkey Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

evidently, Deadbunny is hilarious

I agree that Minsc, Edwin, Jan, and Jaheira are a must. Although I didn't play with the Bard, Haer... I've got to think he would be better than Keldorn(who was NOT funny in my game)

So, by all means, add DeathRabbit to your party!

10. Strifestrike Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Jan, and Edwin are musts. Hmm, throw In Imoen and Korgan as well. Aerie is great with edwin for a bit, exhaust all ure dialogs of him and her and then get minsc. Although you could just get the npc interactions guide.

One if my fave conversations:
    Edwin is a women:
    Nalia: Edwin, you should learn to walk a little more dignified; carry yourself in a better manner.
    Edwin: And exactly WHAT is wrong with my ‘manner’?
    Nalia: You, well ... the way you walk about some might think you were ... of little moral fiber. You should present a more wholesome image if you are to remain like this.
    Edwin: I will not remain like this! I will not ‘present a more wholesome image’, nor will I acknowledge this form in any way! I will not be this way for long!
    Nalia: Very well then, but if we get too close to the docks you might find the less upstanding members of society getting more ... familiar than you would like. As well, I would suggest that you treat the party with civility, lest someone arrange for such an occurrence to happen. Perhaps nearer the zoo.
    Edwin: (When the time comes, I must kill her first. Slowly, but first.)

Some more!
    Edwin: Yoshimo, every man has his follies and mistakes. In your case, that is the most interesting and trustworthy ability that you possess. (You are shiftier than me, and I don’t trust myself.)
    Yoshimo: Edwin, you’ve a manner that makes each of us feel beautiful and appreciated.
    Edwin: Somewhere in you, something terrible gathers and grows. (Can I spot kindred, or can I spot kindred?)
    Yoshimo: That’s only love, warmth, and candour for you and your red-robed ilk, Edwin.
    Edwin: As you make your pilgrimage, Yoshimo, there will be ruin and cruel intention. Of this I am certain.
    Yoshimo: Well, all pilgrimages must start somewhere, no? I look forward to the ruin ... will be a delightful change from your company, Red Wizard.

(While Edwin is a woman)
    Yoshimo: Tell me, Edwina, would you like me to let out the seams on your robe? I’m quite handy with a needle. You do, after all, have more ... bulk ... in the upper chest area.
    Edwin: Silence you fool! Chauvinist pig! (What am I saying?) I mean to say - ‘Idiot!’
    Yoshimo: I was only an offer, m’lady. There is no cause for anger.

Isnt Edwin just the greatest?

[ June 13, 2003, 04:34: Message edited by: Strifestrike ]

11. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    If you want a funny party, then definitely take Jan. You'll probably want Minsc too.

12. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Keldorn doesn't have any funny lines? Ever seen his one with Imoen?

Imoen does have some good comedy lines.

13. underthewronghat Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

[​IMG] Okay, I ran a normal party, but just for giggles I named my leader "What Smells..."

You get great dialogues like, "Boy am I glad to see you, What Smells!"
    "I just want to get out of here, What Smells..."
    "What Smells, this must be the work of a wizard..."

But my all time favorite was after I liberated the castle for Aerie...

"I hereby dub thee Lord-- What Smells!"

Other fun names to try: :hippy:

Imon Drugs
    Ywanna Beer
    Letz Gotobed

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.