1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I think I nerfed a paladin stronghold quest.... possible spoiler

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Spelladonna, Aug 21, 2003.

1. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] I'm doing the part of the paladin stronghold quest where you are to protect Tyrianna from assassins and deliver her to her uncle (or whatever). At one point, she comes downstairs and tells you that she saw someone outside her window. The assassins come in and I kill all of them before one manages to get upstairs (which I was pretty proud of myself over, but anyway).

I started to go upstairs to make sure that she was safe but about the same time the party started to go upstairs, the game triggered a cut-scene. It never did load the scene though -- what it did was show me at the top of the stairs (Tyrianna's room), her standing at the other end of the room. No mouse activity; non-responsive to keyboard commands; no side panels; in short, reboot and reload. :bang:

Fortunately there was an autosave; unfortunately it saved the "triggered" cut-scene sequence. I can interact with Tyrianna now but all she says is "go downstairs and see if there are any more". I know her uncle is supposed to spawn but for 2 hours (realtime; not gametime) nothing happened -- other than everyone complaining about doing nothing.

As I see it, here are my options:

- delete the game entirely and start over (not thrilled about that option)
    - head over to Radiant Heart and take my chances (not thrilled about that option either)
    - figure out the variable to spawn her uncle and adjust it to where he shows up and I can move on with life.

I've completed the paladin stronghold quests more times than I care to count and never had any problem; well, other than never being allowed to rest in the stronghold, but that's a whole other topic.

I'm rambling. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. :help:

2. Menion Leah Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I think the Sorcerer's Place patch has a solution to this, although I don't know if it will work now that you have already initiated the bug..

Maybe you should also keep a little more savegames than just an autosave.

I don't know the variable for the guy to arrive, but maybe you can just spawn him. I don't know the guy's name, but I'm sure you can look it up in Shadow Keeper.
    Then type:
    CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("thatguysid")
    and he should spawn. I don't know if you could talk to him then or anything, but it's worth the try.

If this doesn't work, maybe you could e-mail the maker of the SP patch about the variable (unless someone else here knows it of course).

3. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31

The regular save that I have goes back about 4 game days so loading that, while an option, is still not one I relish.

I don't think this necessarily qualifies as a bug. My games are all unmodded and unpatched and up until last night, my paladins have never had any problems completing this part of their stronghold quest.

As I recall, her uncle's name is Hurgis and I thought about just spawning him like that but wasn't certain if there was something other than that console command that might affect the global variables.

4. Menion Leah Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

As far as I know there are three things that trigger globals:
    1. Normal in-game stuff (but this will only happen once)
    2. ShadowKeeper or another editor (if there are any)
    3. CLUAConsole.

And I think it is a bug. I think this happens if you leave the area while a global is being triggered. In this case: the global for that guy spawning is triggered, but since the game delays somewhat, he isn't immediately spawned. When you leave the area, he can't be spawned in the previous area (I think) and when you come back, the game thinks everything went as it should have.

I thought you only had an autosave, since you said that you would have to start all over again (I think).

And what's wrong with using the console? You aren't cheating if you spawn a guy that should've be there in the first place.

5. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31

Believe me - I am a BIG user (and occasionally abuser) of the console when I need to correct things that go wrong. What my concern is is that since this is part of a quest, there might more to it than just spawning the guy.

Anyway, I can give it a shot and see what happens. Can't screw it up any more than it already is, I suppose.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.