1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I think I found a way to keep drow gear

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition' started by Sevanhya, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Sevanhya Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Okay, first off I know this is cheating, that you should not be able to keep drow gear once you leave the Underdark, but the +5 Full Plate is just so nice.

This is what has worked for me so far, but I don't know how long if there is a check later on to make sure I did not sneak any out.

I loaded up Minsc with all the drow gear I wanted to keep, since I can remove him without losing any quests. Then right after you get out of the Underdark, I paused the game and reformed the party and said bye to him. I then went through the questioning. Minsc then came up to me, and I said I will meet him in the Copper Coronet.

I met him and he had all the drow gear on him. Right now it is sitting in a crate with all the other gear I save until later.

I have tried bags of holding and other such things, but nothing else has worked, though I am afraid if I take it into the Elven City that there is another check. Right now I am clearing out Watcher's Keep, so it is in the crate.

2. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    There are a few check across SoA and ToB, but if you wanna keep it, just keep it. Tweaks have an option for it. Exploiting the system isn't any less of a cheat.

3. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    `
    I agree, this is going about it in more of a roundabout way then is needed. the Tweaks Anthology mod has an option to either be able to keep the drow gear with no penalty entirely, or to have it gradually degrade over time (which would be more in line with the PnP mechanic for drow gear.)

4. Sevanhya Gems: 3/31

I used to use the editor, but I downloaded the game with Gog.com, and I can't seem to use the CLUA tweaks anymore.

I finished the game, but unfortunately I had left the golden pantaloons on Imoen, and she was stunned, so I could not transfer the gear from her to my char, so I had to go quite a ways back to transfer and then redo the game.

I could have gone back to just a previous save, but I created a monk to run through as well. So the last save with this Char was way back.

5. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Yeah, all versions of bg2:ee after 2.0 read settings including the one that enables the CLUA console from a .lua file, and no longer form the baldur.ini file.
    If you wish to reenable the console, you need to find the Baldur.lua file (located in Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition / Documents\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition depending on which of the 2 games you're enabling it on) and add this line :

Code:
    SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','Debug Mode','1')
    And if all else fails, there's always the EEkeeper program to edit your save games with. :D

6. Sevanhya Gems: 3/31

If this works, it would be nice to increase all my mages int to 19, so they can get all the spells. I hate having to give them potions in order to get them to be able to scribe 9th level spells

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.