1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I Need A Challenge!

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Tasohan, Jul 18, 2002.

1. Tasohan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

This game is just too bloody easy. There's simply no challenge in it!
    That's why i want it harder, but i just can't think of anything!
    Does any of you remember the Avooch, Noble and Earl Missions? The mission impossible ones? I want to do such a mission, just in NWN. So if you have any thoughts on what mission i should undertake, please write it in this topic.

2. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Put the difficulty on hardocre D&D rules...I've found it to be much more challenging. Monsters get critical hits and it also seems like they use their abilities a littler better.

I have no advice for missions and such.

3. dkamnitzer Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

You should put it on the most difficult setting, past the hardcore rules. This will give the monsters all the rights and bonuses that you have, and set spell effects to everyone. I'm playing it right now at that setting, and it is more difficult.

4. Tasohan Gems: 10/31

Thanks for the replies, but i am already playing on that setting.

[This message has been edited by Tasohan (edited July 18, 2002).]

5. Syrel Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] damn i think playing a Wizard on the hardest setting would be tough if not near imposible.
    using stuff like fireball would most certainly blow away your henchman and summonings a great deal of the time. also at higher levels it may even blow away your own guy :p.

6. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31

Are you playing with a henchman? If you are try playing without one.

7. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Try playin with real low stats

8. Tasohan Gems: 10/31

I completed it recently with a sorcerer, so i don't want to play an arcaner, but that's the only restriction i have, anything else goes. But i might try without a henchman but i'm not sure. Still taking suggestions ;).

9. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31

Try playing with normal equipment and not magical.(For instance a Longsword instead of a Longsword +1.)

10. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Actually I agree about the easyness. NWN is starting to get slightly boring for me. Not only that the kill of the hardest enemies gets rewarded with a ridiculous XP ( :rolleyes: I got 313xp for Klauth the Great Old Red Wyrm :rolleyes: - I have once got more for a dire bear earlier :rolleyes: ) I no longer fear any spellcaster - since I can whack them away with ease. Enemy fighters :lol: - maybe 6 of them - and even then they may scratch me but they are near dead when they have managed to injure me. Actually I only play on the single-player in NWN because IWD-2 isn't yet out, mplayer is not yet a real option and I want to finish the bloody game at least once.

The quests are all traditional fed-ex stuff, go there, get this, bring it to me for reward and xp. Not too bad but after a while it becomes boring. Actually the only thrill in NWN, considering the way-too low and close x-cap is to see what loot I get. Looting for procfit is no longer interesting since I have hoarded 400.000+ gp. No interesting arms and armor for sale too.

One bright spot about NWN though are the int based dialogue options and the persuade skill. Generally I think the skills are really great, enabling to really customize your char. Eventually the rogue now is no longer limited to be a thief, weeeee! :)

11. Tasohan Gems: 10/31

I might delay that challenge a bit, since i started a monk yesterday (on very difficult), and that is great fun. It should prove quite hard in itself due to the 200% damage, and the monk's hp's aren't fantastic. My ass is going to be whooped greatly. :grin:

12. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Unlike Ragusa above, I have no problem with the way the xp is handled. In 3e rules, 300xp is a lot, as you don't need anywhere near as much per level as what was required in 2nd edition.

For the challenge, there is a mod out there that increases the stats of all the monsters by any number up to 30. Check the official Bioware boards. It was produced by Trias, one of the mods there.

To Bioware's NWN homepage

13. Syrel Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] you know i've never played a monk... in any game pen and paper or video... I think i might give it a try :)
    i have gone through with a ranger/rogue and a necromancer and i started going through with a palidin but that was just a joke palidins are tough mofus they just waste everything.
    so i'll try a monk next :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.