1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I loved this game

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by chris, Jul 25, 2000.

1. chris Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] This game just begs for a sequel. I don't understand why it didn't sell as well as Baldur's Gate, but if I could have only played one CRPG over the past three years then this one would be it. Great game.

Regards,
    Chris Johnson www.ga-rpg.com

2. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I loved it to, however it was short. I still like the original BG more than P:T or the new IWD.

3. Spirit Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Planescape: Torment has to be the best RPG i've ever played (and i've played a lot of them). Sure, BG was good, but Planescape: Torment beats it hands down. The depth of the game, and the plot are truly the best i've seen.

4. Pentagrama Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] u right, Torment is the best CRPG that was ever published the only game i played that came to it's knees was Falout 2 i played "BG" and it was kind of old fashion and boring.

5. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I certainly liked Torment, possibly more than BG, I think because of the story and the style of play (more story driven than hack and slash) it's a very compelling game when you start searching for who you are in it. It was definatly inspiring for AD&D adventures.....

6. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I loved Torment too. Probably over all the other Infinity engine games. Shame that there won't be a sequel.

7. Slackertoast Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Maybe the reason we like it so much is because its one of a kind and there won't be another...anytime soon.

8. Fru Gems: 2/31

I think it's great, but I can't really see a sequel possibility. I'd like to see other Planescape games though, possibly with some of the characters from P:T in.

9. Beto Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] How good was this game? I've been playing true crpg's since Bard's Tale was released; this is the only one I've ever finished, and am now going through withdrawl :eek:

Taking a week off before I go back in again, as a mage this time.

10. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] I have changed this as it could have been considered a spam which i have been warned not to do.

There are a few other posts about sequels fru+chris you may like to search for them.

[This message has been edited by Lazy Bonzo (edited August 06, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.