1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I honestly can't stand long resting times

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by aerilon, Sep 12, 2002.

1. aerilon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I hate resting and seeing times upwards of a day. I can't seem to turn off the rest until healed option though(i tried unchecking it in config, but it still did it) to lower my resting time to 8 hours. Even if I wasn't fully healed, I still wouldn't want to rest more than 8 hours. I mainly rest to rememorize my spells, since I play in HOW mode and rely heavily on summoning spells and spells like Hold Person/Web. So, I cheat. I use CTRL + R to heal myself before I rest. I don't use it in combat, only just before I rest. Anybody else do this?

I find that my time during the game is already high enough without having to wait an exorbitant amount of time healing on rest.

2. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] What's the obsession with getting the game done in less game time? I've come to realize I enjoy playing these games more if I relax and do things at my own pace rather than running around like a chicken with my head cut-off cause I'm upset I overslept two hours :p .

3. ettercap Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

can´t see the point either, you don´t get different scores the bosses will wait for you, no matter how long it takes and you don´t have to meet a certain deadline in order to save the world. i was always wondering why those bg games count your time since it makes no obvious sense to know except maybe for savegame-management.

[ September 12, 2002, 11:46: Message edited by: ettercap ]

4. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Aerilon:

Nowwhere in my job description does it say I have to judge how you play through your game.
    Specifically, that function is not my responsibility.

Along those lines, if you have the rest until healed option turn off, your people are >THAT TIRED<. "I've seen enough waking hours, slave driver" is the phase that's most applicable here. Don't go so far inbetween rest periods, especially if your people are high level. At the higher levels, it takes more to fatigue them, and just as much to get them rested. That said, they should never sleep more than 16 hours. Two rest periods should knock out whatever fatigue they have.

That's about the ony thing I can think of. Have fun!

5. Ray192 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

"i was always wondering why those bg games count your time since it makes no obvious sense to know except maybe for savegame-management."

???? They are important, like in BG, if you don't find that girl for minsc in 9 days or so he'll leave, or if you don't deliver Xan and Montran to Nashkel they'll leave you too, and in BG2, if you have nalia, after a few days someone will give her the message of her father's funeral and etc.

and also, when you prepare to go outside resting in IWD, go to the character screen and click on rest, a message will pop up, asking to either rest until healed or just rest, select rest and you'll rest for 8 hours.

[ September 13, 2002, 20:16: Message edited by: Ray192 ]

6. Big B Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] Good points Ray, but IIRC IWD has no time-related quests. I like the time function, but like I said, I don't get all bent out of shape trying to beat the game in less than two weeks of game time or something like that.

"I went from a level 1 nobody to a level 12 fighter in just two weeks, and you can do it too. For just $19.99 (plus shipping and handling) you can experience this phenomenal growth yourself. Just call 1-800-EAT-THIS, our operators are standing by. And if you call within the next half hour, you'll get a free coffee mug of fatigue warding." :p

7. Ray192 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

IWD? There aren't any timed quests, but another thing is that it gives satisfaction by finishing the game like in 5 days.

8. Big B Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] Quite an acomplishment seeing as how it takes 5 days just to journey to the Severed Hand :p .

9. aerilon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Oh well. Some people don't seem to approve of it. Well, all I can say is that it's just one of many little quirks I have.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.