1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I have lost a Sci/fi Fantasy Book; pub circa 1990-2003

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Laura T. Brooks, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Laura T. Brooks Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

:cry:Dear Friends,

One of my beloved sci/fi books was given away. I, of course, did not write down the ISBN number or who the author was.

I remember the cover of the book and the plot. It may have had something to do with gaming (I could be wrong. It's been a while).

The cover of the book was pastel with a foamy azure, sapphire sea and two white merforlk swimming in the waves. In the middle of the book was an embossed circle; mauve/silver (I think it was a zodiac wheel). There were two children; a boy and a girl.

Plot: An evil Sagittarian mage was going to war with the Pisceans. Underwater, they were constructing piscean gates. Our merfolk couple were in love, and when the war started they were separated. The plot shifts from the water to the land and then back to the water again.

The word Zodiac was in the title; neither was mermaid or anything like that. I found it on Fantastic Fiction website at one time, but I haven't been able to relocate it there. I found it on Locus forgot to write down the ISBN No. Does this ring a bell with anyone? Any and all help that would enable me to recover my book would be gratefully appreciated.

Most Sincerely,
    Laura

2. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I would like to say that I recognise it but I don´t and I think it might be hard to identify it. Just wanted to post to show you that there are people racking their brains.

3. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Not a clue.

4. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I remember reading a book by Robert Silverberg in which the hero was a sort of merman or fishman who was at grips with human invaders. I don't remember much of it as it was a long time ago but what you posted reminded me of it.

5. Laura T. Brooks Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Bless you all. I know it's out there. We just have to keep trying. Please don't give up. You're all I've got.

Most Sincerely,
    Laura

6. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.