1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I HAVE A JOB!!!

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by NOG (No Other Gods), Mar 19, 2010.

1. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    I'm ecstatic! I just sent in my acceptance letter to Lockheed Martin for a position at their facilities at NASA Langley! I'm still waiting on a background check, but that should be no problem since I haven't killed anyone recently. :D

I've been unemployed since Nov 2008 and to the point of looking for work anywhere, even flipping burgers, and this is pretty close to my dream job! And they offered me a lot more than I had hoped, as well!

:spin::clap::grin: I'M HAPPY!!!! :happy::wave::thumb:

Silvery likes this.
  2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I foresee a great disturbance in the Force. A balance will be seriously unabalanced -- who will post mammoth alley posts in the absence of NOG?

:p

Congrats.

3. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Well done honey. All the best xxx

4. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Awesome. You're going to work on the Orion spacecraft at NASA/Langley?

5. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    Congratulations, NOG. :thumb:

6. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Congrats mate, that sounds like an awesome job. Totally envious right now.

7. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Congratulations. The job sounds great. :)

8. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] CONGRATS, NOG!! :banana:

9. NOG (No Other Gods)

Media:
    No, I won't be working on the Orion Space Craft. I will, however, be helping to lay a new foundation for air travel. The current system is massively overloaded.

10. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Good stuff, NOG. But remember - whatever you do, do not under any circumstances push the big red button!

11. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Orion is pretty much dead along with the rest of the Constellation program, so it's a good thing he's not. ;)

Congrats NOG! :)

12. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Congrats NOG! That is super exciting!

I don't have a joke or anything clever to say, unfortunately, but good luck :)

13. Déise

Déise Both happy and miserable, without the happy part!

Congratulations, that's great news. It's also nice to hear you haven't killed anyone lately. Keep it up.

14. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Dear God, they let anyone in these days, don't they? :p

Congrats! ;)

15. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Yeah, reminds me of this story about a guy from Pakistan who used to clean teenagers pukes from cruise ships between Finland and Sweden and when he moved out of here to the States he got a job as an engineer at NASA, which he did have a degree for...just a story I heard...don't really know if it's true or not...

From flipping burgers type of a situation (or worse) to NASA...I think it could be worse. Good luck :)

16. NOG (No Other Gods)

Media:
    Hey, most of my aerospace program was Arabic of some kind or another, and I know at least two were from Pakistan. My Professor was even named Osama! :)

17. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    So it's been 5 months. How's the job going?

18. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    NOG,
    congrats.

19. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    For whatever reason, I did not see this post until now. I will offer a late congrats, and I'm happy that you finally found something in your field - I know you've been looking for a long time.

Now that you've been working for a federal agency for the past few months, it should be sufficient time for you to have been beaten down by the bureaucracy that is the nature of such a beat. Don't worry - you get used to it and eventually accept it.

20. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    It does strike me as a bit odd though; a deeply religiosu man working for NASA.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.