1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I Don't Understand

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Crust, Sep 9, 2000.

1. Crust Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] My First Time going through the game I reached the Horrors in the Cloakwood Mines. But My group didn't have a mage in it. So I exported my guy with some goodies and i restarted the game. But there was a glitch... The new people i took into my group were level 6 (or 5 6 in jaheiras case) Now that im back in baldurs gate gathering experience and goodies so i can fight Sarevok I cant level up any further. All my men are level 7 with 89000 exp. all they need is a little bit more exp to get to level 8. But no matter how much experience i gather It just wont give it to my characters. Does anyone now whats going on???

2. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

You've hit the experience cap. Your players are at their limit.

Battle hard brave warrior!

Sylvus

3. hooligan_inc Guest

[​IMG] The thing is, some charcter classes hit the cap at level 8, some at level 7. Hope that helps.

Liverpool 3-0 Villa! Yaay! :cool:

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Of course there are programs that can remove the cap, if you want to do that.
    Check the Baldur's Gate section on the site throughly. You'll find more than one.

5. Panman Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Or you could purchase and install tales of the Sword Coast and increase the cap to 161,000.

6. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Yup. I'd do what Panman said and that adds more to BG and the surrounding area as well as character levels. But be warned, BG2 is just around the corner, so it might be best to finish BG and continue with your character straight to BG2 and duke it out with the big boys. ;)

I never played Tales of the Sword Coast myself, but I've heard great things about it.

Sylvus

7. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] Sylvus, you don't know what you're missing. My advice to you is get TotSC and slog your way through Durlags Tower, visit an island of werewolfs and find out how mad magas go in isolation. It's definately worth it.

8. Gunthar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Basicaly "Tales of the Sword Coast" is a preview of Icewind Dale. The only realy major level is Durlag's Tower which is uncanily similar to IWD, dungeon slaughter and hordes of annoying tokens to carry around. The final demon is quite similar to IWD as well, hmmm, the people at Black Isle were perhaps not the most creative sort. Only the demon in TOTSC is muuuuuch harder than any of the demons in IWD since you fight it at level 8/9 and it can regenerate back into its acolytes an has a death gaze that is way nastier than anything the two demons in IWD can throw at you.

9. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] You found the daemon hard? I didn't have a problem with it, possibly 'cos a couple of characters kept it busy while the rest of the party shot the acolyte blokes then helped kill the big nasty beastie. It's a good tactic for anyone who's got difficulty at that stage in the game.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.