1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Hurray to Morrowind!

Discussion in 'The Elder Scrolls 1-4' started by Nakia, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I have only been playing Morrowind a short time but I have to give them a :thumb: for not having wolves in the game. It is so refreshing and if I had known there were not any wolves I would have tried the game a long time ago.

Why, oh why, do game developers feel that wolves are mandatory? Poor maligned wolves.

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

[​IMG] Um, you're not going to want to play the Bloodmoon expansion then... >_>

3. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Lol, Fel, you just ruined 2007 for me!

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I liked Morrowind and I hope you will like it as well. It's a good game. ;)

5. Starborn Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Yes the one or more of the expansions for Morowind have wolves, (It's been a very long time, so I forget if only one of the expansions have wolves)

The next game in the series, Oblivion, has wolves, and even dogs. Grit your teeth and get the game, play it anyway, as it a great game, especially for anyone who likes Morowind.

6. Sir Fink Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Bloodmoon has wolves and werewolves. There is a mod that makes the wolves non-hostile though, so you can walk right up and pet them.

7. Nakia

Media:
    Now that is a mod I like. Don't mind fighting werewolves; don't even mind bears because they do tend to be aggressive. Lions or tigers are a bit iffy but my conscience doesn't bother me there .

But wolves? Come on developers wolves do not normally attack humans and by extension humanoid beings except maybe small folk; maybe. Would be mainly to defend their young or if cornered by humans.

edit: PS: They also run in packs. It is highly unlikely a grown person would be attacked by one wolf.

8. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

There are lone wolves, but not nearly as many as it seems in many games. Morrowind doesn't have that problem for the most part, though; most wolves come in packs. Though you'll occasionally see a single wolf at a spawn point with odd comrades like a Spriggan or a humanoid, but you can assume those as pets trained to battle alongside their masters. The only really out-of-the-blue thing you'll see will be a very occasional bear+wolf spawn. Though given how one "indoor" area is populated, perhaps that was intentional...

And of course there's the cliched "upset balance" on Solstheim to explain why they're so aggressive, but they stay aggressive even after you've restored the balance, so...bleh.

[ January 03, 2007, 19:31: Message edited by: Felinoid ]

9. Sir Fink Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

*bows* I made the bloody thing myself. This was a couple years back but I'm sure it's out there on one of the mod sites.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.