1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Hunting for Bambi

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Laches, Jul 14, 2003.

1. Laches Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

warnings about content etc.

Basically, you hunt naked girls. For an appropriate fee. This weeks sign?

Yep, hunting naked girls with paint ball guns is 'true to nature.'

http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=1356380&nav=168XGqk0

Thoughts?

2. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Wow. That is messed up. Makes me embarrassed to be a human being.

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I personally find that bizarre and even sick, but they all seem to be willing participants, so <shrug>.

4. Laches Gems: 19/31

I was particularly interested in the assertion that hunting Bambi is "every man's fantasy come true."

For the record, I don't think it should be illegal either.

5. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Heck I would allow myself to be hit naked by a paintball ball if they paid me a 1000$ per round. No sweat.

6. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, with respect to Marv Glovinsky's assertions, I think he needs to seek professional help with his projection problem, but given that he's a member of the profession, perhaps that's not the best of ideas :)

7. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

I think it's bad, but it's probably of free-will they're doing it.

"Pain for Pleasure" :D

8. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Paintball without protective gear is dangerous. It may not be dangerous if you shoot at the body, but should someone be shot in the eye, the ball goes straight through it, into the brain, which instantly kills the target. The article said, that it wasn't allowed to shoot the target above the chest, but people with poor aim, usually have no idea at what they are shooting, so accidents will happen.

9. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Since men already shoot "paint" on women, this seems to be just a matter of velocity.

10. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

ROFL, that's too true. :D

11. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    It seems absurd to me, but it's not illegal, its morality may up in the air depending on the individual (it's in Nevada, about the slackest state in the US from the morality perspective), the participants seem willing, and I would presume that the owner is carrying a ton of insurance in the event one of those random head shots occurs and someone gets seriously hurt or even killed. I don't see why the "prey" don't wear goggles. It's not like any of the "hunters" are going to be spending too much time focusing above the neck. The type that goes out for this focuses on a two to three foot range that probably stops south of the neck.

12. Laches Gems: 19/31

dmc's comment about the type of people who participate in this prompts me to ask if anyone checked out the attendant video of the 'hunters.' I was also thinking like dmc that it isn't illegal but that should a death or injury occur then a tort would be sure to follow and the certain waivers that have been signed may not offer protection (not familiar with Nevada) -- I wonder though how easy it is to get this type of thing insured?

13. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'm sure there is no way they could get insurance. The concept may not be illegal, but the conditions the employees have to work under must violate a federal OSHA law.

14. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

What Silverblade said. My God. Do they know they are actually endangering these women's lives? I've taken paintballs in the goggles, and it is amazingly painful. Your whole head vibrates for hours afterwards and you have whiplash symptoms the next day. There is no way that you could hit someone ungoggled anywhere near the eye socket and not kill them.

For those of you who don't partake of this sport, the guns don't shoot liquid paint, they shoot hard plastic capsules like bath beads. The capsules usually - but don't always - rupture on impact with flesh and explode into paint. If you hit a bony area (and I'm guessing these are conventionally beautiful women who are pretty much all bony areas) there's a bull's eye bruise the size of a baseball mitt that lasts for weeks.

Here in Toronto, a boy is in the hospital because he got a BB from a BB gun in the eye. The doctors don't think they can save him because the BB left too big a swath through his brain tissue. A paintball is about 15 times the size of a BB.

I guess if all participants really are willing there's no reason for the law to get involved, but I was outraged when I read the one "Bambi" say she was surprised by how much the impact hurt. I don't think that anyone explained to these women just how a paintball gun works and how dangerous what they are doing really is.

15. Judas Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Jesus. I used to paintball a fair bit... and damn. The rounds bruise terribly through clothes and overalls, and, as the article suggests, often draw blood when they hit raw flesh. We typically played with rules that required you demand surrender from anyone within a particular range (and could only shoot if they refused). I've seen several close-range shootings start real brawls on the battlefield...

I think deliberately mixing sex and violence is a worry. Not being a psychologist / psychiatrist / whatever, I can't back any of my feelings up with facts... does anyone know if this kind of thing contributes to more serious mental conditions?

16. Mithrantir Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I really do wonder, in which state of boredom one will come up with this idea and in which state of brain damage will one really enjoy taking a paintball gun and start hunting half naked women in order to shoot them. :confused: Couldn't they start using their free time more creatively;
    Anyway since they play it on their own free will i suppose they are free even to start whipping themselves before the session to warm up :cool:

17. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Our local news did a spot on this. They showed video (properly altered to obscure the nudity) of a "game" and interviewed some of the participants and the guy running it.
    I thought that the male player who they interviewed was one of the biggest losers I have ever seen in my life. What a waste of humanity.
    Then they interviewed the guy running it. He described his potential clientele as the sort of guys who always say "yes dear" to their wives and then described them as "wimps". I'm serious. He then went on to say it was a good way for them to get out some of their aggression. Sickening.

On another note, the urban legends website, snopes, is not convinced that this is not a hoax. If it is, it is an elaborate one. Let's hope that they are right.

18. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  19. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'm still not convinced it isn't a hoax.

One of things that is bothering me is that none of the "news articles" are even mentioning that it may be a hoax.

20. Acrones of the Old Order Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

of topic: Just so everyone knows if shot in the eye by a paint ball gun it doesn't go through the eye in to the brain. Iknow this because my friend was shot in the eye it just scared it so he couldn't see for 6 months.

on topic: this is one example why the human race is a virus.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.