1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How / Why Did You Join Sorcerer's?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Mathetais, Jun 6, 2001.

1. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

From the conversations on the boards lately, it is obvious that we are an eclectic bunch of internationally scattered nomads. I've been curious what drew everyone to this Forum in particular?

Personally - I watched the roll-out of BG w/ much anticipation, but when it was released I was working two jobs and had no cash or time. A friend of mine bought it instead and found this site because "it had the best cheats". By the time BG2 came out, I was able to pickup a copy and he forwarded me this link so that I could download Shadow Keeper (sorry all you purists! the dark side drew me here! ;) )

The site content caught my eye and I stumbled upon the Forums. The rest is history!

2. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I was hanging at EFnet when I started playing Baldur's Gate. The people on #baldursgate told me to go to #sorcerers to get some answers on some questions, and so I started hanging there. Sorcerer's Place was less developed back then, but then the whole appearance was changed and I think the forums were added and so I started here. As you can see I have been registered for some time.

3. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] I was reading reviews about BG2 and needed some tips for my game. Stumbled apon this site during one of my searches and never looked back. :)

4. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] To meet women! :D Just kidding.

Actually, I had a question about Baldur's Gate and I stumbled onto this site accidentally. I didn't really come back until IWD came out...And I got caught up in the message boards.

Now, when I log onto my pc, my browser goes right to SP...Scary, huh?

5. Grovflab Gems: 13/31

I discovered sorcerers because of the IWD solution. When bg2 was coming, I started paying attention to the boards, and soon after I joined.

6. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I accidently stepped on it while I was searching for forums about PT. Came, seen, stayed. :(

7. Elessar Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I did a search because I was getting the crap kicked out of me. I was playing on insane and didn't realize there was anything easier. I had even put the game away for about six months because it pissed me off so bad.

8. Grovflab Gems: 13/31

If you play on insane, then yes, you are going to get your as kicked....

Extremist, it's saw! :p

9. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

I saw this on a site with the Top BG-sites. I was stuck somewhere in the game but had some knowledge of other parts of the game so I wanted other people help me with my problems and I wanted to help also other people with their problems. I found out this to be very interesting so while at work a finally got something to do!

10. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I have friends who have been playing these types of games for a long time. I got into playing the computer generated games through their influence.

I had some questions about a problem that neither one of them had an answer to and they told me that if I came here that someone might be able to answer the questions I had.

11. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Grovflab, your post suKS! :p

12. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    After irritating a friend constantly for two weeks he finally posted a link to this page ... since I used it and opened this page I found some people answering my questions quickly and I startted to like the page.

13. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] Well i too had a problem with BG2, so i posted on these message boards and was answered almost immediately.. then for some weird reason i stumbled upon the chat...lol

I have been here everyday since just to bug you all!! Mwahaha ha ha :p

14. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I needed Portraits. I was tired of the same old ones. So I made a search and ended up at Not exactly "stoneLabour" But the forbidden site a'hem ********* (the # of letters should be correct :)) This wasn't satisfactory. phewww. Lucky me for TAL's retaliations.

A friend of mine Told me to go to this place. I did. A few days later I was looking around and found this FORUM. I shouldn't have made that mouse click that registered me, been here ever since.

15. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Hmm...I justed wanted to know where to go and and to do and also find out all the secrets so i decided to enter the world of the internet...itgave me the top 10 and sorcerer's was at that time No.3

I chose sorcerers cos the name sounded cool or better then the top 2. Is that normal?

16. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

Sniper - I think "normal" and anyone / anything on these boards = a contradiction in terms! ;) :D

17. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

I actually dont remember, but I tihnk I found the page on some top10 BG sites list. Then when I got bored of the game, I checked the forum, and didn't really get out again =).
    Then there was some post about the chat, and I stuck in there, way to much for my own good I think, oh well, I guess I'll live :D

18. Azardu Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

What? Nobody admits to coming in here just to annoy people? :p

Seriously though, I came to know Tal when he was still on EFnet and his page looked totally different and there was just #baldursgate. I came there to ask where I could find a specific tavern in BG, then I just returned there. He then changed the page, started the messageboard, persuaded me to register on it etc. I did, but I haven't been very active though.

Azardu

19. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] I came acrossit after I ofund the IWD solution. I didn't join the boards as I was deeply involved with the ill fate BGTavern. Once it closed, I cruised arounfd to different boards. In a few more weeks, I will no longer post anywhere. I've enjoyed it, thanks,
    -Orkrist.

20. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Oh how it warms my heart to know some of you arrived because of the Icewind Dale Online Solution that I had forged over for many weeks. The love that one can feel coming forth from your very hearts touches me to the point that I shed a tear in utter happiness! Oh pray tell those earlier days, in ages past when the frozen north took me on an adventure for fortune and fame.

What is it that has made the snow melt as such and cause such distress in a wonderful game? Oh how the time of ages come and go and memories are replaced with the new only to be remembered again by others who made their way here because of me.

Raise thy mug of ale high and make a cheer!

Syl...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.