1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How to set a start point for the crypt?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Crawl, May 26, 2002.

1. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Ok I've made a fairly large first level for a crypt. When I'm saving it, it says my start point is invalid. I know exactly where I'd like the party to begin the level; however, I don't know really how to put them there, or how to get rid of this previous starting location, if indeed I have one even set. Any clues on how to set, say...a crypt exit tile as the starting point for my crypt dungeon?

2. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] I always set my module starting points outside, in the rural tileset. It seems to like that. You can click and drag them around, and rotate the facing.
    Then do a door transition from eg a mausoleum into your crypt.

3. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I got that error a few times while using the Crypt tileset, but I don't know why yet ;) Whenever you click the 'Set Start Point' button and place a start point, it will remove the old one. At least, that's what happens with mine so far. And, as Erran says, you might want to try rotating the facing of the start point, just to make sure that it faces inward to the crypt, rather than out.

4. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Ok, I didn't have time to play with the Toolset... but did you only make a crypt? I suppose there has to be a way to enter and leave the crypt, you cannot start and end in a crypt... (that's already was Erran also said, I know :))

5. Crawl Gems: 23/31

Well, ok I was being lazy. Shoulda read the documentation, then perhaps it would have dawned on me that I needed a start point outside. Ah well, might as well go ahead and make a mini module out of it, town, gaveyard, crypt and all. So far, I'm liking what can be done, but my main beef seems to be I can't create custome size rooms with the crypt tileset, which is something I assumed would have been inculded with anything using tiles to build. It's workable around, but then...you have to be creative. Also lacks a certain amount of detail in certain instances, which disapoints. But I'm still anxious to see how the final product turns out.

6. Wildfire Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Crawl - you can easily create custom sized rooms with either of the tilesets that we can use. As long as the room is bigger than 2*2 and smaller thatn 32*32, it can be any size by any size. When you are creating the area and you are at the point where you are selecting the size of it - big, medium, etc., on the left is the number of tiles the area will be. You can just change this manually to get the size you want.

[Edit]

If you meant that you wanted something other than rectangular or sqaure shaped, you can always create the size you want by putting pits on the tiles you don't want there.

[This message has been edited by Wildfire (edited May 29, 2002).]

7. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] I actualy made Marnix's cottage using the crypt tileset.
    * It's 1 x 1 (tho' it sits in a 2 x 2 area)
    * I used bookshelves, cupboards to cover up the 'spooky' walls.
    * A door leads out into the graveyard.
    * put a fire inside the oven, scatter a few placeable rugs and its well cozy!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.