1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How to beat Melissan?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Lutheo, Jan 17, 2004.

1. Lutheo Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Veteran

Geh... Can someone tell me how to beat Mellisan. I die on the second time to face her. ALWAYS

[ January 17, 2004, 10:47: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Elendrile Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

First of all, what's your party?

3. Lutheo Gems: 2/31

Veteran

Me-Fighter/thief half elf dual wield Angurvadal and the Equalizer
    Minsc
    Keldorn
    Anomen
    Jaheira
    Imoen

4. Elendrile Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Well, you have 5 tanks, 3 of which can Greater Whirlwind so use it religously. Anomen should have several Elemental Summonings memorized, maybe 2 Greater Restorations and as many Heals and Mass Heals as possible. Every one of Jaheira's 7th level spells should be Greater Elemental Summoning and all her 5th should be Iron Skins. Imoen shoould be summoning Planetars and casting Improved Haste.

5. Fiatil Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

In my opinion the second battle was harder than the first and the third, so if you get by the second, it shouldnt be too hard, but yeah it was a really hard battle, especially for my timestop loving sorcerer.

6. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Hopefully you've been choosing the spike trap HLA. Set up a few of those and that will bring her down some.

With all those fighter types, you should be able to bring her down fairly easily.

7. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Breaches and spellstrikes seem to work well in conjunction with greater whirlwinds. For distraction purposes, planetars and devas are great and so are Mordenkainen's Swords (huge resistances). Pay attention to use planetars' spells. If it has 3 casts of full heal, it can fight 4 times as long ;)

When I last kicked her ass that way, my levels were around 26 and I had a cavalier, Jaheira, Minsc, Anomen, Nalia, Immy. Actually, it was before Jaheira got her almighty level 15. Well, I was surprised, as with Aerie instead of Anomen I didn't beat her the previous time.

8. Strifestrike Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Make sure to use avungadaral in your off hand. This is important because its a ****ty weapon for all intents and purposes, except for its strength modifier. For that matter drop the equalizer. Honestly thats one of the worse weapons for you to have at this point in the game. Suitable weapons to take now include black razor and answerer. Make sure to have wish scrolls, and use project images and a simaraculums to activate them, so you can rest and win.

9. Lutheo Gems: 2/31

Veteran

Thanks. I just beat her. Man, ToB is a way good game. I got me, Keldorn, Jaheria and Minsc to do a combined Greater Whirlwind attack. It worked wonders.

10. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Ah, the choice of weapons was very important. Generally, my cavalier protagonist went for Carsomyr, Minsc got Ravager +6, Jaheira got Ixil's Whatever +6, Anomen got Runehammer (obtaining Crom Faeyr is connected with some un-LG performance and I roleplay). That's it about the warriors. However, both of my thief/mages were not all that marginal when it came to getting physical. One got STR 22 from Angurvadal, which greatly fixed her thac0. The benefit wouldn't be as spectacular with a warrior character. Another, IIRC, just used the tiny little second level spell granting 18/50 for an obscenely prolonged moment. Katana for the one not using Angurvadal. Probably not Celestial Fury, for the reason of "only" +3 bonus, but I'm still mentioning such a possibility as it worked in some previous battles. The late-in-game +5-6 weapons have comparable special bonuses and the benefit of overcoming magical defenses by virtue of high enchantment. However, as it's not desirable to get rid of such a nicety as Celestial Fury, and a thief's best weapon is Katana, one of the party's thiefs should succeed to it from the warriors. With a good strength increase, the stunning effect still occurs from time to time.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.