1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How much sleep do you need?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Barmy Army, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    If I don't get at least a 7+ hours, I feel tired dead and blody grumpy!

A few of my mates only need a couple of hours and they're good. A very good mate of mine will get in at about 3 or 4am, grab a few hours sleep, then go to work and be spot on. When I do that I'm a bloody zombie!

How much do you need to feel right?

2. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Six hours sometimes five and a half will do. Depending upon how tough the day is. If I'm going to work more than eight or ten hours I'll definently be needing eight hours to stay fresh the entire day but six hours will be enough for normal days. If I on the other hand sleep more than eight or nine hours I'll be feeling pretty much equally sleepy the entire day as I would if I had just slept five hours. Too much sleeps seems to be nearly equally bad.

3. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    More.

I usually sleep for about 7 hours, but recently it's been about 4-6 hours. On weekends maybe 11 hours.

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Need? Around 8.

During the work week, I get about 7. On days that I have work and school, I get 2-4. On Sundays I recover by sleeping for 12-13 hours straight. :love: :rolling:

5. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

As long as there's caffeine, who needs sleep?

No, seriously, I need 9 or 10 hours to be in full shape. And if I don't get it... don't stand in my way and don't speak to me.

6. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    I think about 6 to function normally.

7. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    7 hours is what I need but I usually get about 5 or 6 hours. I guess I'll sleep when I'm dead.

8. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

Tons.

Anything less than eight hours will zombify me big time. Nine or so is good.

Sleep is important. Going with too little for a while will flark you up.

9. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I've been known to go on 4 for months, but you shouldn't try. I generally prefer 7. Perhaps 8, but 7 is actually that healthy minimum, not the 8 we're used to regarding as such.

10. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I need loads of sleep, anything less than 8 and I can't function properly but to feel truly refreshed I need about 10. This has only been the case for a few months though, and I think it might be stress related, I used to suvive on 3-5 hours on average. Or maybe I'm just getting older :p

11. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

i wish i could sleep for large portions of time but for some reason its so difficult for me to fall asleep. and when i can and should sleep, i wake up automatically with just a little.

on average i probably get 4-5.

12. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I need 6 hours to feel great but usually sleep 5 hours a night. I rarely get more sleep. :coffee:

13. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I never actually did the math on that one. I have difficulty getting to sleep as part of my Tourette Syndrome, spend nights late on the internet, but also get a nap in the afternoon, and some nights sleep through the Leafs game (from all accounts, some nights they do too, but that's for another thread). I figure that I get anywhere from 6 to 10 hours in any given 24 hour period.

14. Kenixkil Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Usually 6 hours, seven if I'm a bit tired.
    Once I broke my record and slept for 10 :)

15. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

When I'm at uni I get around 7-8hrs, but during holidays/weekends I have anywhere between 10 and 13 :p

16. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Seven or eight ours normally, but I can go with less for a while - but I'll need to make up for it on weekends.

17. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Usually I only need four myself. But depends what medication I'm on and if some ass wakes me up from sleep.

If I get woken up I don't sleep properly the rest of the night, on medication I always sleep longer.

If Isleep too long I just get tired again :p

18. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    6 hours will be alright for me, usually. Any less than that and I have trouble functioning the next day.

19. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I need about 6-7 hours, plus about one hour getting awake; I can do with less but then I'm grumpy.

Naturally and unsurprising, I sleep better and longer when the room is dark and quiet.

When I sleep less for a longer period my productivity suffers. When there's a lot to do I find it is better to sleep more because lots of night work, when you're tired is just a waste of time and effort. That doesn't count when there are deadlines. If I sleep little for a while, I need a recuperation period in which I'll sleep more. If I don't, I'll get stopped cold by migraine.

20. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Sleep??? What's that?
    Actually, on the rare occasions when I can get it, 9 hours is the best for me. I usually only get about 7, sometimes less, depending on RL at the moment.
    As with others, I have trouble sleeping in during the morning - and shouldn't, anyway, because of medication schedules. Ah, the joys of :geezer: -hood.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.