1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How Marriage Came About - A short short story

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by Nakia, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    One beautiful spring day Gog was sitting in front of his cave dreaming of mighty feats when a luscious female walked by. She hips as broad as a boulder and breasts to smother one. Gog couldn't resist so he picked up his club, bopped her on the head and carried her into the cave.

Godgar, the shaman, was sitting by the fire whittling away on a stone and wondering what he could do to get more respect with the tribe. He looked up at what Gog was doing and his jaw dropped to the floor. "Wow, that is some fancy pumpkin."

Gog, nodded, "Yeah, many Gogs for the tribe. Get much food, kill many enemies."

Godgar jumped up and took a good look at Gog's new woman. He glanced at the stone in his hand and saw it bore a resemblance to her. Bells went off in his head and he pranced a little bit.

"Yes, but you need special ceremony to chase away evil spirits and make sure. I will do that for you. See I have special stone that will bring only good spirits."

Gog looked a little sceptical but he knew about evil spirits and good spirits so maybe Godgar was right. "Go ahead. What we do?"

"You hold her in your arms and I perform ceremony." The holding in the arms was really just in case she came to and tried to escape but he made Gog think it was part of the ceremony.

Gog grabbed her in a tight embrace and Godgar started chanting a bunch of nonsense and dancing around. He wave the stone all around Gog and the woman. Finally he stopped.

"Now all is good. We get many Gogs. We be strong tribe. Best tribe around. Ceremony will bring all this." He put the statue up on a rocky ledge. "Special goddess spirit will watch and protect."

And thus was marriage born just to increase the importance of some shaman. Course no one bothered to ask the woman what she thought of all this.

The end.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2008
    Drew likes this.
  2. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

That was funny and sad, and...believable. Good stuff.

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Not bad. So were you the woman, Nakia?

:p

4. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Thank you. Sussipaiti.

Nah, Splunge fraid not. Not the right build. :) Plus I give you one guess as to what I would have done when I came to.

5. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    Bob it?

6. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

ah fun and nice read

you have a typo in line 12, gag for gog i presume..

7. Nakia

Media:
    Thank you, Balle. I corrected the typo.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.