1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How many XP have you?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Alyr Arkhon, Sep 30, 2001.

1. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I started TOB with my six member party. Each character have approx. 4million XP (no cheat, main character was imported from Tales of the swordcoast, I done more than half of Watcher's keep in SOA). I'm curious, how many XP can you gain in TOB. Can you reach the Xp cap with a character who didn't finish SOA before, and only has 160000 XP at the beginning?

2. I don't think I know what you mean. It says in the ToB manual...

You start off with 2, 500, 000 XP. Give or take a 0.

[This message has been edited by Shadow_Goddess (edited October 01, 2001).]

3. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31

Okay, I played through SoA and at the end each of my character had 4 million XP. (If you have ToB installed, you can have more than 2,900000 XP in SoA) My question is: Has anyone reached the XP Cap in ToB, or is it impossible? (One thing could you confuse, and it is my fault: I meant at the beginning of SoA when I wrote this...)

[This message has been edited by Alyr Arkhon (edited October 01, 2001).]

4. sorvo Guest

I think he means can he play ToB all the way through with six party members and have eveybody max out.

5. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31

Exactly Sorvo!

6. sorvo Guest

I wish I could answer you but I didn't get that far yet. I would like to know this also!

7. FenixStrife Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

it is fairly easy to max out fairly early in TOB if you do every quest in SoA.
    --FenixStrife

8. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] How??? How??? How??? I promise I did everything I could in SoA with just four characters (meaning exp, gets divided up between four peeps instead of 6 - Me, Valygar, Aerie, and Mazzy) and by the end of ToB nobody had maxed out. Everyone was about 2-3 levels shy of max. And we did everything, down to Limited Wish quest, Ranger Stronghold, Twisted Rune, you name it, we did it.

[This message has been edited by Big B (edited October 01, 2001).]

9. FenixStrife Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

maybe I did something weird then cause I maxed out after having 5 people through SoA then adding sarevok in ToB.
    --FenixStrife

EDIT: I just remembered, I would often just sleep in a place to get the exp from the random spawning enemies that wake you from sleep

[This message has been edited by FenixStrife (edited October 01, 2001).]

10. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

hmm i went with a group of 6 all through soa and tob. Did most of the quests, it was my first time through. Each char had like 5.5M xp at the end. Assuming i missed out on some quests and xp, i'd say you'd at most get to 6-6.5M xp. So, playing with 4 chars all throughout the games, you'd hit the cap fair and square :) (without resorting to cheesy stuff like reloading to get 1M xp from the deck of many things, killing respawned firegiants in saradush etc..)

Oh, and by the end of soa, each char had like 3.5M xp.

edit: FYI i didn't touch watchers keep in soa

Is this what you were asking ? :)

[This message has been edited by Invoker (edited October 01, 2001).]

11. I think I know what you are talking about. But sure you can max out in ToB. It's not impossible, just merely difficult if you don't cheat. You just play your game over and over and over again until you max out.

12. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31

My protagonist has 6 million XP and I've just killed Sendai. So there's maybe a chance to reach the cap. There's a little trick in the walktrough to gain "unlimited" XP: You can kill a lot of Fire Giants in Saradush where Errard the wizard stands. They don't shoot back, so you're safe. I didn't try this though...

[This message has been edited by Alyr Arkhon (edited October 01, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.