1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How many times have you played BG2?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by antoine, Jun 11, 2001.

1. antoine Guest

I'm wondering how many times you have played BG2 and who is the biggest BG2 addict here.

I can't get enough of the game, it's is my second time now and I'm still in chapter 4 (haven't had much time to play lately), but I'm absolutely planning to play a third time.

2. Bowie Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] Are you asking how many times have I played it, or how many times have I completed it? :D

I've played too many times to count.

I've completed the first 4 chapters (I'm in the mind flayers section of Chap. 5 currently.)

[This message has been edited by Bowie (edited June 11, 2001).]

3. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] I'm still on my first run through and I just got to the underdark. Frankly, I'm a little tired of it. It doesn't draw me in like BG1 and IWD did, but its still great. I only play them once, too. No time to repeat.

4. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Finished it twice. Without cheating.

Got bored.

Uninstalled it.

Found these boards.

Installed it again. Just to answer folks.

Can't force myself to do it all again. Waiting for ToB and Wild Mage...

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited June 11, 2001).]

5. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

too many, and I still need to run through 2 times *sigh*

6. Avooch Dar Guest

well i have yet to complete the game in its entirety because i always get distracted by a new class i want to try.

As for bg1

i have completed it two times in full and 7 times on the quick route (missing out extra quests etc)

As for bg2 i have started it exactly 23 times and am planning to complete the b*****d with my solo expedition.

PT: i have play that too many times to remember :D :D :D

IWD:never got the full game. probably will soon. Is it long?

7. shadow_thief Guest

BG:BORRINNG 1 char. kill everything except the important peoples...kill sarevok at least 10 times...hehheh funnnnnnnn
    BG2:the furthest i have gone is the underdark, but i seem to alsways find better cheats than the last ;)
    IWD:i did HOW but in IWD i hardly got through the 1rst chapter before i realized u werent sopposed to think just kill

[This message has been edited by shadow_thief (edited June 12, 2001).]

8. Draven Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I have played BG2 about 10 times although I have only completed the game once with a berserer/mage and for the other times I have been trying out other classes like the sorcerer and the ranger/cleric.

9. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I'm working on my third time through with BG2 in anticipation of ToB.

10. antoine Guest

Why start so many games and not finishing them and if you wanna try out some your characters are more fun in the higher levels

11. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I've already completed it once, playing through again for TOB. When TOB comes out, I'll probably play through that with my current ranger, and then play through TOB many times with different classes (without going through BG2 first).

12. miniwoo Guest

I did it all the way through once with a mc fighter/thief - man that was hard! i barely knew anything, and the most powerful weapon i got was warblade! i didn't even do unseeing eye. I had a romance with aerie, which i finished.

Second time thru, was with an undead hunter - much easier. I got crom, red dragon armour, vorpal sword, c'fury, black dragon armour, carsomyr, staff of the magi etc etc. Had a romance with Jaheira, which died after i offered myself to the bandits instead of her or the possessions - some people are so hard to please.

Considered starting an evil party on sevral occasions, but i just can't!! I'm not even neutral!! Wail!! no...wait, i'm not evil.. that's a good thing...

Now im doing a multiplayer group of an assassin who's cool at backstabbing, a priest of lathander, a barbarian, a monk, a sorceror, and an archer.

Ramble, ramble, waste space, ramble, mutter, mutter...

13. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I have played and completed BG2 three times, on the last two occasions I also completed virtually every quest that was open to my character class and party members. The first run through was with a fairly standard party. The second time was all women (plus my male sorcerer) so had a magic bias and involved lots of romances. The third time through was my non-magic user party.

For completeness, I have also played BG1 through completely on three occasions (the last time with the add-on pack), IWD and Planescape to completion once. I'm taking a break from RPG for a bit now but will play a new game of BG1, ToSc, DSoSc, BG2 and ToB when Tob is released. I might play an all Slappy party for this. Maybe with just a couple of NPCs. The only slappy classes not represented so far are Druids, Thiefs and Bards. I don't like Druids and have already played a Cleric so I reckon the next one will be a Thief/Bard. Though I don't know when I'll dual class. Probably be a Thief right through BG then dual at the start of BG2.

14. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

7 times

15. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] Always one time too few.

16. jack-of-all-trades Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

[​IMG] i have started about 10 games, but i always want to try new npc's or just get bored with the ones i have (never got bored of minsc's "Captain Insaneo" comments though).
    Then i found out that i could try out lots of the classes with a mp game, so i'm in the middle of that game and just got to the underdark. So i plan on playing acouple more times through. waiting to buy ToB, but best buy is always sold out.

17. Kidd Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

So when is a good time to play Solo?
    I mean how much do you need to know about the game to play solo.

I just finished my first game with 6 people.

And i am thinking start a new either solo or 6 different people.

18. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] You are ready to go solo after finishing the game once.

I recommend that you choose one of the stronger character class/kit combos. Examples are dc Berserker-9/Mage-17, dc Stalker-12/Cleric-15, or dc Swashbuckler-11/Cleric-20. All these can fight very well and have spells which makes it alot easier.

You do not need thief skills, but you have to know how to handle the most lethal traps (most you just run straight through and take the damage).

19. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

First played with a paladin(undead slayer)level 16

Second played with a sorcerer, level 18(O.K. I have cheated but I have removed the Exp cap only)

Third: now playing with a shapeshifter level 12 - It's fun...

Planning to play the game solo with a cleric.

[This message has been edited by TIN_MAN (edited June 18, 2001).]

20. shadow_thief Guest

go tin man! at least i no someone who cheats and ive always been trying out the people that sound good. currently i have 2 games:

one in the underdark: alexia: mage(normal),
    jess: assasin, mel: cavalier, lisa: mage(normal), irene: priest of helm, and last of all, quin: archer.

second in athkatla currently doing aran linvail's quests: alanna: undead hunter, george: assasin, daine: totemic druid, numair: sorcerer, jonathan: barbarian, and thayet: priest of lathander. This last game is based on the tamora pierce books on tortall. i advise u to read them.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.