1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How many times have you beat the game?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by the assassin, Sep 14, 2001.

1. the assassin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] How many times have you beat the game? Just wondering...

2. How many time have I beat BG2? I'd have to say 1/2 of the game.

3. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] 4 times... go around number 5 will be starting soon and I have some grand ideas for it (muah hah hah) more updates soon...

4. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] *twitches, eyes darting around furiously....*
    not enough, not enough times.... the game tells me so, it's my only friend..

Seriously though, three times, i play IWD and PST between the BG series. And there's just so many ways i want to play through it, sometimes it does seem that the game's the only friend i have lol.

5. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

[​IMG] too many times, 8-10 times I think, can't remember really, don't really care either.

Once you can remember the location of every important item in the game, it loses its spice. Kinda sad though :(

6. zantetsuken Guest

10 times, two times of it solo. :) It was a challenge, but I was privileged with being able to play for at least 4 hours a day so I got that far.

What's worse is that when you begin a game, you do everything like you had done it in routine...
    In time, I became so annoyed with Irenicus' dungeon that... I began to lose my real interest in the game. But I'm still 98.9% interested, so that wouldn't be a problem

7. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

3 times
    twice with female human paladin inquisitor
    once with male elf fighter thief

now im playing a sorceror...

8. PowerPuff Guest

Only finished it once... I've played the game 3/4 through a dozen times, though. I seems that once I reach a certain point in the game, I want to try a different character, and then I start a new game...

9. The Grim Ripper Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] only once. I reinstalled it though without backing up my savegames! EEK! :(

10. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] I have beat it so many times that my discs broke. :p

11. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

[​IMG] Once with my BG1 char "Maertyn". I tried to roleplay.
    Once with my beloved sorceress!
    Now my monk/barbarian/archer combo rules the land (multiplayer)...
    And for the future: There's a solo F/M/T.

New cool topic icons!!

12. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

[​IMG] Half of the way with a kensai-mage (they actually get killed really easily). All the way with a sorceress. 3/4ths of the way with an archer. Now I'm gonna play my new BG1 with a multiclass ranger/cleric and import them to BG2 and ToB.

I tend to stop in the middle and restart too.... and I know Irenicus's dungeon by heart! AGH!! The other places are more fun, since you tend to forget about the monsters and traps....

And... oh yeah! I LOVE these icons!!!

[This message has been edited by Tiamat (edited September 14, 2001).]

13. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Twice.

Next spam question?

14. Kailynne Johanne Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] Duharrel makes my sixth or seventh run through.....
    Let's see...
    1. F/M/C w/group
    2. F/T w/group
    3. M/T solo
    4. M/C w/group
    5. Skald w/group
    6. Beastmaster solo -- only got 3/4 way through
    7. Duharrel w/group

...and at least six other times where I got halfway through or less before restarting.

15. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

[​IMG] Just the once; after months of reinstalls/bugs/glitches with Juan the mighty conjurer, Vicky, Haer'Dalis, Korgan, Valygar and Yoshimo/Imoen. Took one of my early characters (Woody the fighter) the Suldanessalar, but no further :mad:.

16. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

17. Vicsun Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] My god. That has ben asked so many times!! Oh well here goes: 7

18. Namuras Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

1. Beastmaster
    2. Fighter
    3. Thief
    4. Conjurer (only ~halfway through)

19. Demitri Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

None.. this is my first time and I just started chapter 3

20. Big B Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] Just don't be a yahoo and restart. Stick with it. You can always play a second time if you want to try new things. :heh:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.