1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How many "followers" can you get?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Kovalis Darkfire, Apr 7, 2003.

1. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] I couldn't find the answer to this question in the interview thing so I thought I would make a post(even though I seem to have made nearly all of the recent posts). It tells you that you will be able create up to five characters and gain followers and familiars... but how many followers can you get. Will it be like NWN, where you can only get 1 henchmen,(I hope not) or will it be like in Arcanum where you can get five or six.( I thought that was really cool and creative and I like the idea alot, so hopefully that's what it will be like)!

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The last word was up to 5 followers. This doesn't mean it won't be changed in the game release, but it definetly won't be:
    one-henchman-run-to-nearest-strongest-enemy-and-get-killed

3. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31

Good, I hated that!!

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] is it 5 followers regardless of how many you made yourself?

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    You should check out the SP ToEE interview for a more accurate answer on that. ;)

Check the front page of SP.

6. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Finally!!!

/me goes to study ;) :grin:

[EDIT]
    They've changed their mind: No prestige classes!
    I love Troika! :D

[ April 08, 2003, 00:24: Message edited by: Extremist ]

7. stormhand Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] I'm sorry, but something is not yet clear for me: what is the maximum number of "members" can the party be composed of? It is said you can create up to 5 player characters and up to 3 henchmen can join the party (when there is enough room). So does that mean a party can have a maximum of 8 members, or will it be limited to 6 (as in BG and IWD), and if you already have 5 PCs, well only 1 henchman can therefore join your party?

I know they are using Arcanum's engine, but since I haven't played the game, I don't know what the party's composition could be.

8. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Ho-hold on there.. Arcanum's engine? Funny that you should say that for the little browsing for ToEE info that I've done has revealed nothing that they would use the same engine as in the ugliest rpg ever. If it's not graphics engine then what is it? Physics (lol)?

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  10. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Just did. I hope they've *really* tuned up the engine then. Also, optimization comes into mind. For even though Arcanum was as ugly as it was, it had rediculous Mhz requirements.

11. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31

I think the engine is really good!

12. DrattedTin Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

The engine is only *vaguely* based on STEAM (Arcanum's engine) and now supports 3D models and effects, and uses a more "BGII"-ish area graphic scheme, as opposed to the tiles in Arcanum. As I understand, they're just reusing some of the nice things (such as dialogue, and, *gasp*, doors).

13. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31

I think the graphics in Arcanum were much better than NWN style graphics. I think it looks so fake with all those polygons. Better not to see the "details" than make them as ugly as in NWN. I believe they should stick with "old school" graphics engines like IE untill they can put out something very close to movie quality. Unreal Tournament at least comes close to being nearly as high quality as a movie. But that is the only game I have seen that even comes close.(in my opinion)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.