1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How Do You Think ToB Ends? (SPOILER)

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Nobleman, May 28, 2001.

1. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] I have searched the database and there is no opinions on this. And since the last thread got closed I'll start a new one. Hopefully more serious than

http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum2/HTML/002581.html

I think it ends up with a few strong persons gather their Bhaal spawn followers. One of theese persons is of course the maincharacter. The Maincharacter comes with Imoen and Sarevok as followers. The other groups might have some strong Bhaal Leaders and a few followers. An epic battle for ultimate rulershíp of the sword coast. (level 40 characters are rulers)

What do You Think? A battle? somthing more subtle? Please give Your opinion.

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited May 28, 2001).]

2. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Ah, look a new topic!

Ok, be serius.

Maybe Tob will have multiple endings, depending on what kind of god you turn out to be!

But sure, big show off in the end. Maybe Ao turns up himself!

3. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

I know a bloke called Io "the god of gods"
    My senile mind may have hit me again. :D

I also hope the game has multiple endings as I find It hard to squize the same ending down on an evil PC as on a good PC. Neutral for that sake. Multiple endings would definately be cool as they would raise realism on the gameplay during BG1-BG2-ToB
    Realism in ComputerRPG ,within the D&D universe, is my Epic Quest :D

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited May 29, 2001).]

4. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Hmmm, multiple ending?

I'd like to see that. Depending on your alignment and reputation probably. And with several possibilities to finish, of course.

I don't think Ao will show up however. :(
    If they put him there, who will be in another BI game?

Also, I can't imagine Sarevok in my party. I think that you will be forced to deal parties of many Bhaalspawns, including Sarevok's.
    Or, Sarevok will betray you at the end so you'll have to deal with him again.
    Posibilities are numerous.

5. steven11 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

i'm not too sure why the last topic on ToB & imoen & endings flew off on a weird downward spiral.

given that planescape:torment ended in a manner that i found quite sobering/depressing, i really think you'll have to end up killing imeon.

with regard to multiple endings, no matter which ending you chose in ps torment, you ultimately still went to hell. ceteris parabus, in bg2, no matter what you do, you will kill imeon, sarevok et al, and become a god :(

6. Elebereth Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

What do you have to do to become Bhaal?

I would think that you would have to be the very last Bhaal spawn. So that would mean killing Imoen. So maybe you will have to choose between killing Imoen and becoming Bhaal, or not killing her and just living out your natural life.

If you killed her what would Jaheira, Keldorn, Minsc and all the other good NPCs think? Maybe if you choose to kill Imoen and become Bhaal you'll have to fight any good NPCs's in your party. That IMHO would be a pretty good finale.

7. steven11 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

given that you are the spawn of bhaal and soon to be a god, does it matter what keldorn reckons?

8. Lothar Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

The very last Bhaalspawn, eh? Reminds me of Highlander. Maybe you kill other Bhaalspawn to gain more powers? Could be...

9. IronEagle Gems: 13/31

ya know, i mentioned this a while back... the fact that it sounds like its gunna end much like Highlander, but noone believed me... but to be honest its the only idea that makes sence...

10. theholygit Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

well i always thought that everyone major you meet in the sword coast, like minsc jahiera etc, will find out that they are also bhaal spawns. i dunno that was my notion. it's just that your entire group always wins, never loses, and they all special abilities. i think the main char and imoen never really become bhaal, i think they live or something. or that could be one ending, maybe in the endings imoen kills you, you kill imoen you, both become bhaal or maybe you both just bugger off somewhere and live or adventure. Is it also true that they aren't making games based on the story we have here about the bhaal spawn and imoen things. coz if so what else are they going to make....and who is Ao coz i don't know much about TOB.

11. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31

I think it wont, an open ending orso

12. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I think the "highlander" concept makes some sense.. i mean.. Bhaal left in his path a score of mortal progeny right.. that means his essence was divided among all his spawns and if Irenicus and Bodhi is after this essence in BG2 and have shown that it can remove such powerful curses... and Irenicus's aim with the Elf Tree was to be an Avatar right.. meaning.. if you could combine or reunite all of Bhaal's essence.. then u can become Bhaal.. or at least as powerful as him..

13. Shrike00 Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

There can be only one .....

14. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

I'm gonna be king and viconia is going to be my queen, and we're going to have alot of slaves and luxury, just as my lady wishes it :D

15. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I'm curious, as ToB would be the last BG, and the story would end here, then why are they making a BG3 3D??!! I mean, do we have to start all over again, at level 1 or something, I would hate to see that, but then again, I suppose we aren't allowed to get higher than level 40, so we'll probably start at level 1.
    I think it will be cool, but I don't think it will be cooler than Never Winter Nights...

16. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

We all love Bg-series but it has to end somewhere.... But this isn't the end. It is the beginning of an entirely new era of ComputerRPG. We can only imagine what the futere brings of goodies. I remeber "Bards Tales" on Amiga.Back Then it was a magnificent game. I was sad that it had to end with the sequal. Now I feel the same about BG. But we'll see more. Much more.

17. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I just thought I'd bring up my vague understanding of the Alaundo quotes they've scattered throughout the games. "...a score of mortal progeny, chaos shall be sown in their footsteps...". Now we know that there's more than a score, so Alaundo's wrong on at least one count. However in a couple of places (Candlekeep and your BGII biog) it says that Bhaal's plan was not that his kiddies succeed him, but that they cause enough carnage to resurrect him. However, I mentioned that to a mate, who said that that would just make Cyric more powerful as its his portfolio, so maybe Bhaal's plan is as follows.
    1) Sire a great many mortal progeny
    2) let them get really powerful
    3) get the most powerful to kill Cyric, creating an unfilled Portfolio, which he can fill, or open a door in some other way (I think you need VERY special circumstances to kill a god)
    4) Have all the kiddies fight to create enough carnage to get him resurrected.
    So, I think, that certain circumstances have been set up by Bhaal, so that you unwittingly set up his resurrection, then
    A) it doesn't work, and you have to avert/survive the battle
    B) It works and in the final battle of the Bhaal kids you can
    Good) avert the battle, defeat your Bhaal essence, be free
    Evil) win the battle and do so well you replace Bhaal, after fighting him first

Or there could be a downbeat ending with you being assimilated by Bhaal or Cyric anyway and just being able to Good: avert as much suffering in the huge battles Bhaal planned/Evil: carve out a name for yourself
    before it happens.

18. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

You have some great ideas Ironbeard. :)
    I read this from the front page:

UHHH FUTURE SPOILER
    Next you'll travel to a variety of places, including the city of Saradush (in Tethyr), which is under siege. Since it ends the Bhaal saga, the expansion pack, fittingly enough, resolves the problem of who claims the throne. There are only 5 Bhaal-spawn left, one of them being a very powerful fire giant who has an army of his kin besieging the city of Saradesh, and you have landed right in the thick of it. The city is teeming with huddled refugees, hot-tempered locals, decaying corpses, and disease. Catapults rain fire down on the city streets as you walk around. It's not a happy place.

There are 5 bhaal Spawns. Chaos and carnage
    Indeed!! :D

But I don't understand why You say Alauando was wrong :confused:
    You said Yourself ".. A score of mortalprogeny, Chaos shall be sown in their footsteps..." Their footsteps... as in, he did foresee that more than one bhaalspawn was born. a question of semantic I guess.

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited May 31, 2001).]

19. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The ending movie in BG2 shows seven persons, very much alike. If there are 5 Bhaal spawns then who are these people? Your incarnations? Bhaal's familiars? Your dear friends from the Candlekeep? Viconia's jealous lovers?

Or it is a lowsy commercial for PSX BG:The Dark Alliance?

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited May 31, 2001).]

20. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

They look like the cowled wizzards. Brown robes. Cowled. Look the same. After IRENICUS massacring Lots of Cowled wizzards, Perhaps they feel frightened of loosing more mages. And wants to end this.

Or a sect. Guardians chosen to follow the Bhaalspans. And Control them. Destroy if nessecary.

But I agree Extremist. It seems odd indeed. Who are they :eek:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.