1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How do you think mankind will act like in 10 years?

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Kiranos, Sep 27, 2003.

1. Kiranos Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

How do you think mankind will act like in 10 years? what has happend to our ways of life and our judgments etc...

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Not all so differently. More 'tolerance', more severe brain malfunction caused by political correctness, perhaps more debauchery and more social acceptation for prostitution-based relationships. Formal logic will get screwed harder as PC-ness will develop. It'll just be ten years, so the process will advance noticeably but not overly so, I believe. Perhaps, God forbid, homosexual couples will be allowed to adopt children everywhere in the world. Disregard for traditional values will progress steadily and Boor Quotient will rise in societies in addition to mass culture brain-sucking producing complete idiots deprived of any social skills or manners, but with a whole 'deep' 'awareness' of their holy personal rights and PC-ness philosophy (in 10 years they'll still be able to understand such words as 'philosophy', I believe)

I suppose PC computers will vanish or at least change completely. Unless something is done, 'Trusted Computing' will be at its peak and internet won't be the same place. M$ will triple its total value. Gates will need a spec platoon of kevlar-padded level 20 bodyguards 7/7 24/24.

3. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm hoping the pendulum will start swinging back the other way on political correctness and corporate slavery. I would like to see the US move to a 35 hour standard work week too. We Americans work too much, I think.

Hopefully a Philadelphia team will have won a major championship, We'll have sent a manned voyage to Mars, and the United Nations will be a more powerful entity.

4. Grey Magistrate Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

In just ten years? Mankind hasn't changed that much in the last ten centuries. Any particular "ways of life" or "judgments" that you're thinking of?

As Rudyard Kipling put it:

As it will be in the future, it was at the birth of man -
    There are only four things certain since social progress began -
    That the dog returns to his vomit, and the sow returns to her mire,
    And the burnt fool's bandaged finger goes wabbling back to the fire.
    And that after this is accomplished, and the brave new world begins,
    When all men are paid for existing and no man must pay for his sins,
    As surely as water will wet us, as surely as fire will burn,
    The Gods of the Copybook Headings with terror and slaughter return!

How will mankind act in ten years? Judging from history, I think it's a safe bet to put your money on terror and slaughter.

5. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Ten years from now:

- The EU is enlarging to include Australia and Peru.
    - Bush III claims he's winning the war on terror despite recent attacks on occupying troops in Luxembourg.
    - The pope Jean-Paul ... II?!? is travelling to China hoping to tap into a potential market of two billion believers.
    - Episode VII is released, George Lucas is found stabbed in his bedroom, no culprit found.
    - I am fluent in Russian.
    - Britain decides to adopt a wait-and-see approach towards the EMU.
    - Israel is conducting strikes against presumed Hamas leaders, suicide bombers blow up stuff in Tel-Aviv.
    - Sharman networks employees and RIAA figures are regularly flogged by the crowd.
    - Ossama ben Laden is laughing is ass off watching the 27th season of "Friends-the one who can't make it into Hollywood".
    - France loses the world cup without marking a single goal.
    - Victoria Beckham admits her child is not from David but rather from Arsène Wenger. Sun magazine is expanding.
    - New 8 year old world class pop star Loltita is raising debates among religious circles.
    - Resident Evil XII's plot only deepens the enigma of the W-virus.
    - According to rumours, Bioware is developping a new RPG based on the BG universe, for PS3 only.

6. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    ...and the Rolling Stones will still be on tour.

7. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Taluntain will rule the internet.

8. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Sorvo will quit drinking?

9. Serpent Gems: 4/31

[​IMG] I will be ten years closer to my death... :roll:

10. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

The same as they act today, as total idiots.

11. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

In ten years...

I will be sitting in my flat in Norwich, playing Final Fantasy 20 on my PS4, with my dalmation Mustapha. Outside, the cries of the Nazis, led by General Von Eze occupying Britain do not distract me from my gaming. Incidentally, everyone is naked and has huuuge genitalia.

(sorry...)

12. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

In ten years mankind will act as stupid, or even stupider than it does now. Though I doubt the latter is possible.

Yes I've a pessimistic view of the world. Unless we help evolution a hand by systematically erasing the 'idiot' gene from the genepool, we're doomed to suffer into eternity.

;)

13. Valkyrie Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Dang, you stole my line Pacman! :p

14. Laches Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Oh good lord I hope not - we're already too lazy. 40 hours a week is nothing. Whining about work hours is part of the sissification of America imo.

15. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    In ten years from now I hope that humanity has taken another step towards getting rid of that yoke around its neck which is stifling freedom, creativity, equality, peace called religion.

I hope that national borders keep ups getting fussed out with further globalisation as a result but a movement driven more by people than by corporate interests. Instead globalisation working to further deepen the poor countries poverty it will lead to better standard for everyone.

The most important thing is that I hope that we will take more steps towards accepting humans as humans and not as black, white, gay, hetero, European, American, African and so on. Damn, this last paragraph sounds extremely PC but I do think this is something that is important and something that we need to work at if we will ever be able to continue improving as we have done these last 200 years.

I notice that I am very optimistic here, see it more as what I want to happen but I dont think it is impossible.

16. InquisitorX Gems: 4/31

There will be a shift towards a more liberal and intellectual society.

After experiencing four (eight?) years of George W. Bush and his endless failures and lies as President, people will begin to realize just how dangerous and self-serving 'the right' really is. And they will begin to understand that conservatives are unable to balance budgets (don't tax and spend anyway conservatives), and are hypocrites when it comes to moral issues. The fact that their social platform is based on a 2,000 year old fairy tale isn't helping them out either.

17. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

In 10 years I will be a world (in)famous femi-nazi and have my own private army, which consists only of women. LOL.

And then I conquer the world.

Just kidding.

But seriously I think that we'll be at a war and army service will be mandatory for both men and women and the smaller countries are in a constant state of war.

America has conquered even more lands and is still wasting fourth of Earth's resources.

But on the other side, people tolerate those who are different *lists a hell of a long list of minorities* and people don't care that much about the religious issues and the horrible discrimination of women has diminished to a lighter level. Teenagers will have sexual intercourse at the age of ten, therefore abortion rates increase.

So, to end a long list of crap, the world and its people will continue on their highway to hell.

Me two cents.

As for myself, I have moved to New Zealand with Arabwel. (That's the plan)

18. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Yep. We live in new Zealand and I have started constructing my own version of Imladris :D

On a more serious note, I believe that in ten years the US will unfortunately have even more power, EU will be splintering up, facism will be on the rise due to close-minded people not being able to accept the new social equality and transflux of people.... or words to that effect.

Need a general for that army, Eze?

19. Manus Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Hmmm

10 years brings us to the brink of the great war, exact timelines are hard to ascertain, but it is certain that the time quickly approaches, if not soon, then within the next hundred years to be sure.

The repercussions are felt for the next century.

The turn of an age is at hand, the next 200 years are indeterminable. Hopefully a time of peace, likely a time of chaos, conflict, rebirth. Whichever the case may be, a time of great *change* is certain. It is required, and desireable.

Within a timeframe of 500 years, this is the maximum I would allow. The end of the Round is complete.

Believe me when I say this is signifigant.

The consciousness of humans, aye, the very awareness of such by this time has undergone, and will undergo an upward shift, but our physiology remains relatively similar.

15000 years brings that cycle to a close (or the last 3 of 7 to be precise).

I here had begun to describe slightly the changes taking place, here, and over the next 35000-105000 years. That would be difficult to broach, however, in a public forum. suffice it to say, at the end of this time, the Earth no longer exists.

But we do.

20. rastilin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I sure hope so.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.