1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How do you like your eggs?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Dice, May 14, 2012.

1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    How do you like your eggs? Sunny side up? Scrambled? Hard boiled? Soft boiled? Green with ham? Not at all? etc

You get the idea :p

2. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Since I got pregnant I can't get enough of fried eggs on toast but normally have then scrambled

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    In order of preference for just eating as an egg (i.e not part of some other recipe): over-easy, scrambled, hard-boiled.

Of course you have to have them hard-boiled or poached for certain recipes.

4. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    turned ? I dunno how you say it in English. Y'know you let it cook for about a minute and then turned it over so the yellow is still liquid (and awesome) but covered with a thin layer of... whiteness ? Scrambled eggs are evil though, evil. Hard boiled is ok, if you're making a salad or something.

5. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    That's over-easy.

6. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    Preferably in an omelette, but if not that, scrambled, then over easy. :yum:

They're also best when shared with (and prepared by) your special lady in the morning. I make the coffee, so it evens out. ;)

7. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Sunny-side up, with a generous sprinkling of salt on the yolk.

8. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Hard-boiled, with salt and pepper, sliced, on a slice of dark bread.

9. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Raw I think :lol:

10. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Fried and runny, of course. Not sure what that means in your funny North American egg-phrases. 'Sunny side up' perhaps?

Nothing better than having a full slap up fry up with all the trimmings, and dipping your sausage in your runny egg. Awwww yeeeeeaaaa.

11. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Never heard of 'over easy' before. I learn something every day around here.

Poached would be my choice.

12. Barmy Army

Media:
    Those silly little Yanks eh! This is what happens when you let the colonials run amok.

13. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Anyway but raw. Scrambled with a generous coating of tobasco sauce is good.

14. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Half of a lightly buttered English-muffin, with a slice of honey ham, then a poached egg with the yolk still runny topped by a little bit of cheddar cheese sauce (not too heavy) and a little sprinkling of grated cheese on top to finish the look.

That would be on a special day. Generally I just like the over-easy on a slice of toast. (It's not raw Silvery!) :p

15. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Wikipedia actually has all the fried egg terms apparently common only in the US and Canada.

Basically there are ~5 levels of fried egg that I'm familiar with:
    1. Sunny-side-up: Only one side of the egg is cooked; the top part of the white is still a bit runny and the yolk is runny.
    2. Over-easy: The egg is flipped so that most of the white is cooked but the yolk is runny.
    3. Over-medium: Like over-easy, but cooked longer so all the white is fully cooked and the yolk is getting firm.
    4. Over-well: Cooked longer than over-medium so the yolk is solid
    5. Over-hard: Break the yolk and cook the whole thing until it's all solid

Taluntain likes this.
  16. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Yeah, I like my fried eggs over hard, because I usually put them on toast, and the runny yoke makes a mess. Most of the time I eat fried eggs in the form of an omelet, but either way, I don't dig yoke running all over the place.

From BTA's link:

This is true. My wife's family are Maryland natives and they refer to sunny side up as "dippy eggs".

17. Silvery

Media:
    I've always wondered what an English muffin was...sounds a bit MUG to me :lol:

18. Barmy Army

Media:
    Yes, they are very NA terms. Anywhere else in like, the entire world, eggs are 'fried', 'poached', 'scrambled' or 'boiled'. Americans apparently made up all these other terms because they don't vaccine their hens against salmonella, and so are ****-scared of eating a 'sunny side up' fried egg. But that's the only way anyone else eats a fried egg. Why would you want a fried egg without a runny yolk?! Ugh.

I'm a bit confused how you can flip an egg whilst frying it without breaking the yolk and having a messy frying pan!

19. Silvery

Media:
    I do it to make sure the white is cooked. I hate that gunk on eggs but if you're quick enough you still get a runny yolk

20. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    It's actually very easy. I guess we're just more skilled with a pan than the Limeys ;)

I agree about the fried egg with runny yolk though. I don't like much runny white though. It all depends on what you like in your fried egg; those stodgy English have no idea what they're missing! :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.