1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How do you kill ADAMANTITE GOLEMS under 10 minutes?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Arathorn, Aug 9, 2002.

1. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

-

i used staff of rhyne (spelling?) and flail of ages.
    i never use this but i think it should do the job, the hammer that gives extra damage to giant-kind (can't remember the name though).

-

2. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

There are lots of Melee weapons that can damage them. We were just talking about the ranged weapons of which there are only three (right?).
    I believe you are referring to War Hammer +1, +4 vs. Giantskin/War Hammer +1, +4 vs. Giant Humanoids (It seems to have two names)

As for melee weapons any +3 weapon will do;
    Two handed sword: Lilarcor
    Long sword: blade of roses
    Short sword: Cutthroat
    Dagger: Firetooth
    Staff: Cleric's staff
    etc.

3. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

If you play on Insane mode, you MUST have someone with a stoneskin to absorb the damage, because those golems hit very often. Ater the stupid thing starts bashing in the Stoneskin, you kill it with whatever you can.

And yes, making them stuck in doorways is for losers.

4. shadows Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] i always senty all my fighters to just hit away, even if there weapons couldnt hit it at least they distracted the dam thing from the real threat till they died.

5. Judas Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Yeah, doorway sticking is for losers. I mean what kind of loser recognises his huge opponent, made of pure adamantite, won't fit through the doorway? What kind of loser can outsmart something that doesn't actually have a brain? What kind of loser doesn't just charge in? I mean, think about what the golem would REALLY do... It wouldn't flail about, trying in vain to smash through its little hole. It'd probably calmly walk away, make itself a cuppa, sit down, and continue writing its essay on the virtues of sarcasm.

[ August 13, 2002, 08:07: Message edited by: Judas ]

6. Parvini Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Golems are rather easy just pound away.

7. jack-of-all-trades Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I don't understand what the problem is for using a door to get a golem stuck.

(the following is stated in a role-playing perspective...)

#1. If it were you, and you saw a huge hunk 'a metal come running at you, what would you do? Answer: run away.

#2. Once you notice that it (as you stated) doesn't have a brain and is only magically programed to attack intruders, but can't seem to recognize an obvious obstical, you would use it as an advantage.(Right? Yes, yes of coarse.)

8. Hardcase Von Crudd Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I agree - I have no problem with using the doorways to keep adamantite golems away from my party.
    My priest then stands throwing is magic hammer and my thief throws his magic axe until it falls down.
    The rest of the party then reforms and we march through - NEXT! :rolling:

9. Walker Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I believe that that hammer that you get at de'Arnise hold is nick named knee capper, or something like it (being as made by a dwarf, and the height differences).

10. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    OK Jack for one if I looked on it from the role-play perspective I most definitely wouldn't run away (unless my will save would be like -5 or so). And second even if it doesn't have any brain it is still able to crash through the door (or even the wall like this :bang: :grin: ).

[ August 14, 2002, 15:20: Message edited by: Keneth of the Darkforest ]

11. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Jack, there'd be no problem if your character's wisdom is high enough. Otherwise, well, he'd be too stupid to realize that. Although, I agree, the golem should be able to bash through the wall.
    :bang:

12. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

just make Valygar dualwield the Celestial Fury and the Corthala Family Blade and see him hack `n slash

13. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Using small passage is good(effective). :cool:
    If the passage is too big or if there isnt any here is another tactics. ;)
    Cast invinsibility or hide in shadows on some party members, surround the baddy so that he can't move and then use long ranged weapon. It might even be two handed sword or staff or halberd. Correct me if i'm wrong here.
    And then golem lies dead on the floor
    :D :D :D

Or just send in Haer'Dalis with lots of stoneskins memorised dualwielding blade of roses+3 and celestial fury ;) But the problem is that when stoneskin wears of and forget to get another one you are dead in one hit(50 HP). On Insane, normally :eek:

[ August 29, 2002, 23:50: Message edited by: Gothmog4230 ]

14. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I do this-
    Get Minsc to go berserk
    Cast all buffs on him
    Cast Stoneskin and other buffs on mages
    Get mage to attack Golem
    Now the Golem will attack the mage but not Minsc. Minsc could just keep on whacking. If a Stoneskin run out, get another mage to cast another one.

15. ShadowedAssasin Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

You can use the throwing axe "Dwarven Thrower +3" (+3 I think...). It does about 2-3 damage each time you hit it. Don't have a dwarve? Bummer...Unless you have TOB then you can get "Use any Item" for theives. You don't even need to be proficient with the weapon :grin: Course, this only works well if the adamantite golem is too big to fit through a door

16. Sick curtaiN Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Straight out melee will always do the job in any enemy.. even iron and adamantite golems. :) Put your heavy tankers in front with +2 or +3 weapons and watch the carnage. :grin: Be sure to have a healer with them.

The Silver Sword can kill those bad-asses fast if you get lucky enough to get a vorpal hit! :bang:

17. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

@ShadowedAssasin
    This isn't the ToB forum.

I think that the door blocking thing is cheesy and don't use it myself. That mage idea is pretty good, but in my experience it rarely works because the golem has pretty awesome THAC0. They can hit for 50 damage on Core Rules difficulty.

I tend to surround them with fighters equipped with enough healing potions to raise Lazarus from the dead, and simply beat them down as quickly as possible.

A little birdy told me that the Gate Spell works wonders. As does lowering their resistance and hitting them with magic.

18. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

The Rod of Smiting (+3 staff, damage +10 vs golems, save vs death on hit else die) sounds like it will work against golems, but in my experience with that weapon, it doesn't work.
    Since mages or clerics can only use it, you'll miss a lot and take lots of damage from the golem's hits... and when you do hit, they always seem to make their saving throw.

19. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Even Azuredge can damage Golems of that type.
    But there many-many other possibilities to kill such a mighty "machine".

20. chimpmaster Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Rod Of smiting - works exceptionally well against all golems.

Need a character with staff proficiency - Jaheira is ideal...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.