1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How do you feel about the plans for NPC's?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Vermillion, Jan 14, 2003.

1. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] I've been following evey bit of news that Tal's been putting on the front page about G:ToEE and have become very interested in the way they're planning on having NPC's act.
    The diplomacy option to keep rivalries from boiling over and each NPC reacting, in my opinion, better to your actions than in the BG series in quite intreiging.
    Alsso the latest about about limiting what you can see about those who join is interesting although I'm not too sure how it would affect my enjoyment of the game. Just wondering what other people think.
    I know is I'm excited about it :D

2. The Irreligious Paladin Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I'm liking the diplomacy. i think that npc's in BG were just automatons basically, never interacted, never did anything aside from randomly killing each other (Montaron and Jaheira do that a lot.) In BG2 they fixed the interaction problem but then they created another problem: The charcters didn't make sense. What I mean by that is they're stats always made me say, "hold it! Aerie's supposed to be an excellent spell-caster and nothing else, so why is her wisdom and intelligence so low?" things like that. Or the weapon proficiencies seemed to be the worst, Minsc starts with dual wield, as do all rangers in BG2, but the only one handed weapon he has proficincy in is a mace. Jaheira has two in club and one in scimitar two in quarterstaff but also has one in sword and sheild. Things like that, little things that really annoyed the hell out of me like that.

As long as the npc's have personality, usefulness, and STATS THAT MAKE SENSE. I will be very pleased.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.