1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How do you assign spells to quick cast buttons?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Faraaz, Nov 24, 2003.

1. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I've tried the method detailed in the manual, but it doesnt work...can someone tell me exactly how to do it? Its ridiculous sorting through the entire list every time I want to cast a spell...

:rolleyes:

2. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Right-click the quick action button and then left-click the spell you want to put on that slot.

3. motub Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

almost completely certain about this (98%) but I don't have the manual in front of me and obviously can't load the game and type this too... ;)

Right-click the QC button (I assume you already have one or more on your "taskbar"). The taskbar should be replaced by one or more "spell class" icons representing Wizard/Sorceror, Cleric/Ranger/Druid and Domain type spells, depending on what kind of spells your character has available.

Right-click the icon for the spell class that contains the spell that you want to assign to the button. The icons should be replaced by the icons for the spells of that class that you have memorized.

Left-click on the icon for the spell you want to assign to the button. The regular "taskbar" should reappear, with the spell in the QC slot.

Repeat with each empty QC slot.

Yes, it's clunky.

But you shouldn't have to sort through the entire list in any case-- if you have a "use magic" icon on the taskbar (which you should), clicking that takes you to either a choice of spell classes (if you know more than one), or a set of icons of what you have memorized (if you only know spells from one class). So using the QC slots does save you a step or two, but not as many steps as you seem to be doing.

4. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

What you guys have said is the exact same procedure which is required for Baldurs Gate II... but it doesnt work here, which is why I posted in the first place... :(

See, when I right click the QC button, it gets up a list of buttons alright, but they arent a list of spells my sorc knows. Instead, its a button for special abilities, spell casting, guard, etc etc... and on the right, there are two buttons for reset and clearing the button...

How do I do this?

5. Mokona=Modoki Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Right click the spellcasting icon, and it should take you to the choices mentioned.

6. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Hey Faraaz, it actually works :D
    I´ve had problems with this aswell.

1: Rightclick button you want to assign.
    2: Rightclick spellcastingicon.
    3: Unless you can cast spells from different classes, your spells should be here so just Leftclick on the one you want. If you can cast from different classes, just Rightclick on the classicon you want.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.