1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How do I start romancing Viconia?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Balic, Nov 25, 2004.

1. Balic Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Do I need to do anything...? She already gave me one of those "I'm tired of travelling with fools..." sentences, but we haven't actually started talking yet, since she's new in my party...

2. Eric Xanthus Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

You don't have to do anything, as far as I know. But if you are an elf, she will never romance you. The same might be true for a half-elf, but I can't remember.

3. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Her first romance dialouge is "So...what draws you to this part of Faerun?...

4. Eric Xanthus Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

That's true, but somewhat misleading. If you start a romance with one of the other characters, terminate it, and start up with Viconia, I've found that your romance dialogue will pick up later in the thread. For example, if you have 4 romance dialogues with Aerie, then ditch her, your first romance dialogue with Viconia will be dialogue 5.

Anyone else seen this?

5. {OverLoad} Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I had a half-elf and she did have a romance with me and she well..you know..slept with me.But now she seems to be very cold to me.What the hell did i do wrong :confused:

6. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@ {OverLoad} - you didn't do anything wrong - that is just the way Viconia is. She will mellow out again eventually.

7. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Viconia has the hots for male humans, half-elfs and half-orcs only.

@Balic
    What is your rep? The "I'm tired of travelling with fools..." dialogue appears at high reputations regardless of the romance situation. It take quite some time for her to warm up to you. Just give it time.

@{OverLoad}
    You still got one, two if you want it bad, more nights. Enjoy ;)

8. {OverLoad} Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Hehe...thanks guys...I'll enjoy the nights but i guess i'll regret the days after cuz she will be a bitch won't she? :(

9. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Don't worry. Viconia is certainly the best of the Bioware romances, and, imho, better then some of the romance mods (not naming any names here ;) ). Granted, it's not saying much that she's better then Annoyman or whiny Aerie, but still.

By the way, you do have the Flirt Packs installed, right? If not, you definitely should. They really add to the Bio romances.

10. Balic Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

My rep is 16... Is that too high? How do I take it down...? Edwin also started mumbling something like "I won't tolerate this charity..." or such.

11. Shrikant

Viccy will romance you so long as you are of the appropriate sex and race, regardless of rep or class. However she, Edwin and Korgan will up and leave you if your rep ever gets to 18.
    If you want to continue romancing her you might have to fail at pickpocketing some obscure shopkeeper. Or go kill Nalia's aunt (I almost always end up killing that bitch).

Oh! and get the flirt pack. Viccys flirts got me up in more ways than one. ;)

12. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Won't she do a halfling as well? I seem to remember the legendary chronicle of Wally the smartarse halfling barbarian featuring the viconia romance...

13. Lord Garak Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Regardles off what it takes Viconia is so much better than the others :love:

14. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

BTW, with a Paladin with 18 charisma, Viconia stayed with me the entire SoA in spite of a rep. of solid 20. I suppose the charisma plays a part, although evil NPC's generally start bitching at 17 and leave at 19/20
    BTW, are you sure Vic romances a half-orc? I've heard so too, but I've heard it denied as well.
    Anyway, me, I'm a Jaheira fan.

15. Shrikant

Viccy is supposed to romance a HalfOrc. She didnt due to a bug but Baldurdash fixes it.

If you finish your romance in SoA she will no longer leave your party even if your rep goes above 18. I dont know of the Char thing, but can say for sure that 4 rep guys have to stand the cribbing from rep 15 onwards.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.