1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How do I kill a Crystal Golem?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Sir Ai Rayzor, Jan 2, 2003.

1. Sir Ai Rayzor Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] How do I kill the Crystal Golems in the area right after the crash with Oswalds airship ???

please help.. these monsters are immune to everything! :mad:

2. Necrophex Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I just killed it with bludgeoning weapons, not sure about the enchantment but I guess about +2 or +3
    Just trie your bludgeoning weapons with the highest enchantment, I didn't have any problem though, maybe I was just lucky, that I had the right weapons at the time.
    By the way, at my battle with the golum he did resist 5 damage of every hit
    Good luck, let me know if it works, remember with what weapons you killed him and remember the enchantment. This will probably help people with the same problem in the future

3. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Yes, blunt weapons. I think that if you ask around, you see a dialog where the creator of the Crystal Golems says something like "And stop hitting my precious creations with those rocks! They break!" (or some such)

4. Sir Ai Rayzor Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] ...And Blunt weaponry it was! thx dudes.. The Golem is now residing in Hell (or whatever it is called in the Forgotten Realms =)

Didnt have any blunt weapons at the time.. and my magic didnt work on it too...

but but but... what I dont have, I can find/buy... ;)

5. Rekiller Gems: 5/31

I have two words IMPACT ARROWS ;) , really rocks against them four or five to let the golem almost dead :eek: !!!!!!!!

6. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

1. Distract it by shouting, "Hey a low flying rubber chicken!"

2. Lay a trip wire.

3. Have half-orc barbarian push it from behind.

4. Observe golem shattering on firm ground.

5. This is a joke. :D

7. Sir Ai Rayzor Gems: 7/31

Laughin My ass of very hard... *LOL*

8. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Sir. At last someone who appreciates my lame "rubber chicken" jokes. :cool:

Seriously, the guys are correct, bludgeoning and no magic.

9. Rathanel Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Just as a note, I believe bludgeoning weapons will receive a +10 damage bonus against crystal golems (at least that's the way I remember it), so even a mage with a quarterstaff could do some damage against them. With Mirror Image thrown in, all it would take is time.

10. The Ragnarok Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Easy, Just Use Impact Arrows As Rekiller Said. They Are Awesome because they make 20 Damage Bonus!!! If You Don´t Have Impact Arrows (Very Difficult) Just Use Arrows +2 or +3 And That should Do The Job

11. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I think the claeric and druid spell Star cudgel should lay them low.

12. Nutrimat Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

When I ran into them, no one in my party had a blunt weapn except my thief, who was using a throwing weapon that did blunt damage. So I just avoided them.

After I got into the ice temple, I found some very nice blunt weapons. So I went back and killed the golems outside for the XP.

13. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

They are generally very easy to kill, as long as you use the right tactics. IF you have the memories of kuldahar, the closed fist mace or any of the throwing hammars around the place, you'll breeze through them.

Cheers.

14. Rekiller Gems: 5/31

you can use fire wepons for more damage

15. Kabuki Man Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Nother fun tip. All those Aurilites have Bullets, Which ARE missile weapons. But they also score Blunt Dmg!! Your cleric probably has a sling (or Should) Easy points for your party with some +1 or +2 bullets. If you don't have ANY blunt weapons, Lure them all to the place where the Soldiers are Frozen in Ice, And have other party Members Up Top> Then hit the Levers, The Rocks Drop, and score Massive Damage to these Guys.. Great Fun..

If All else fails, there Is a way to use magic Successfully, (Or a Bard!) Can we Say "Dire Charm?" ^_^ GL Guys..

16. Anakha the Almighty Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I simply use "Kegsplitter of Shangarne Ford" on them. The weapon slays constructs instantly. ;)
    But then I play HoF. :p :grin:

17. Rekiller Gems: 5/31

He has something called damage reduction ej:10/+1(this means that the creature has 10 points of reduction to the damage with +1 wepons or lesser)

So you need wepons +2 or +3. I think that his damage reduction is 20/+1 or something like that.

18. Anakha the Almighty Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Rekiller:
    You are wrong. DR of 10/+1 will not reduce damage from +1 weapons. 10/+1 means you will absorb(instantly regenerate) 10 points of damage if hit by unenchanted weapons.
    So, a short sword +1 will do full damage to a character with 10/+1 DR.

19. Laocorn Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

If you sneak past the first golem on your way around to drop the rocks on the frozen soldiers, there's a REALLY good Crystal Golem Slaying weapon you can get. Once you have the Aurilite Necklace, the invisible automatons attack you. The leader, the one with a name, has a spiked mace that does 1d8 bludgeoning and also adds 1d6 fire damage. Not only do you get the +10 damage bonus, but the fire damage gets some kind of bonus as well. You coud always just attack the thing when you see it though and get it earlier. Just don't use the mace on the Rehmoraz's. Fire doesn't bother them at all.

20. Sir Ai Rayzor Gems: 7/31

I appreciate all the help and information you've brought me here.. :)

but... main thíng.. im already past this section..

but then again some other person, that is probably new to IWD2 will show up and appreciate the help in this topic as much as I did..

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.