1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How did you pick your profile name?

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by ChickenIsGood, Nov 15, 2008.

1. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I didn't see any topics with this and was mildly curious about how the other SP'ers picked their names. I'll start...

From the time when I was young (think <12) I was using beefdog99 or some variation as my log-in name for stuff (mostly games on yahoo). It was after my dog, an affectionate nickname for her and her anger. Now something like that gets kind of embarrassing when you age (lol) so I had to find a new one. Lacking any good nickname to use and not necessarily wanting to identify myself, I was stuck in a rut. Then I thought, "You know what, chicken IS good." And so ChickenIsGood was born...

Note: [word] is good is kind of an inside joke I already had with some friends.

What about the rest of you?

2. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    I stole Dalveen from a rather good but quite unknown trilogy of books. For years i've been trying to find it again but to no avail. The characters full name is Dalveen Leandor. It's a name I first used in an mmorpg and kinda kept it for online use, only met one other person using it and i bribed him into changing his name on the mmorpg...

:edit: when i said i couldnt find it, i meant i had not tryed, but now i have found it, its the Nightshade Chronicles, i suggest people read it.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
  3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Over the years there have been many theories on my origin:
    • Physical Figure
    • Changeability
    • Writing Style
    • Unimaginative amalgamation of words
    • Mathematical interest
    • Hearing Voices
    • Multiple Personalities

Pick Two :p

4. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Mine is my SCA name. Heck, I answer to it as quickly as my given name IRL...

5. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Oh geeze not this question again. :rolleyes:

Basically, I wanted my nick to be named after the Black Spider Figurine from BG2...but I misspelled it, and ended up liking the misspelled version better than the real thing...also, since it was a screw up, it means my nick is unique to me, and me alone! :D :rolling:

6. Nataraja Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Media:
    Its the name of one of my gods and the one I identify with the most. Google it to find out more.

7. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Mine was the name of my second D&D character. Human barbarian. Lasted 2 sessions. Ended up being fried by a firestorm trap. Because the guy who played the thief had fallen asleep in the couch. I still blame him for that one.

8. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Mine's taken from a character of The Belgariad. Barak, Earl of Trellheim, who's called "The Dreadful Bear" in the Mrin prophesy.

9. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

kit. are you serious? that is f'n hilarious :D

uhh i've had 2 actually. first one was from a comic book that i read way back when i was starting high school (BG had just come out). this one is an alternate, more obscure, name for the God Hermes. I just thought it sounded cool.

I also got it from a comic book. lol

10. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Mine is an old name that was the result of a *very* drunken night out. A friend was trying to introduce me and some others to somebody she knew. However, she forgot all our names (Vodka induced!) and gave us all nick names instead. As I wear a LOT of Silver Jewellary, I ended up being Silvery and it's kinda stuck

11. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
  12. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I do believe that I came up with the name Barmy Army for you, when you established that thread asking for replacements for your previous one, Morsmordre.

I am a long suffering supporter of North Harbour Rugby Football Union. One day, my patience will be rewarded!

13. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    That's quite possible, Harbs!

14. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

had it as a nick since i was around 12 i think, and it just kinda hung on i guess

15. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Mine comes from my good ol' university days playing too much co-op Halo on the Xbox. I had a habit of meticulously scavenging grenades & ammo from fallen enemies whilst my buddy would try and charge on in front, often leading to his untimely demise. Hence, I became known as Magpie. I kept it because I also tend to spend too much time scavenging for shiny things on the other games I play. In fact, it's normally worse in RPGs! :shake:

16. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I was reading Edgar Allan Poe at the time I signed up and decided to use the name of a lunatic who walls in his (imagined) enemy.

A glass of Amontillado, anyone? :evil:

17. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    "Darion" of Icewind (rather lame IMO)
    was the first Half-Elf Ranger I ever played.
    The Party found him in one of the Ten-Towns trading his furs! After some back and forth from the DM, he became involved in and big adventure! :)

Since I'm not really creative with names, I had the DM and the rest of the Party helping out a bit!

18. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Merlanni is a character in a serie of short stories I wrote/write myself. I used mainly her in NWN1, half elf fig 6 wiz 20, AA ??. I used the same avatar shown here since it comes closest to her looks in the stories.

19. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    What's in a name?

I did not choose my name, it chose me. (said in a deep voice with eerie music playing in the background ... oooo-eeee-oooo ...).

Actually mine was from a job I had. T2 or turret two is the second gun in the main battery on a battleship. In 'olden' days, the turrets had names -- Anton, Bruno, Caesar, and Dora (for those few ship with four turrets). T2Bruno is a redundant name.

20. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    My initials - I'm boring, what can I say?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.