1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How did THAT get here?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Macready, Dec 23, 2004.

1. Macready Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Hello -

*minor spoilers within*

Surely this question has crossed the minds of some who have played through Baldur's Gate I, and then used their final save to continue on in Baldur's Gate II. It is fuel for the imagination to speculate on how your prized possessions ended up where they did.

For example: my Baldur's Gate party consisted of myself and Imoen, with Khalid and Jaheira thrown in for tankage when we went anywhere dangerous. Once I obtained the bastard sword +3 vs. shapeshifters, that became Khalid's permanent sword. He had it in his hand as we stood over Sarevok's dead body. Then, I wake up a captive in Irenicus's dungeon, it turns out Khalid has been brutally murdered, and his sword in in the possession of...Lehtinan!

How can this be? Did slavers effect our mysterious capture? Did Irenicus award Lehtinan the sword for services rendered? All manner of possibilities suggest themselves.

Let's try a weirder one. One of my prized possessions from the original game was the magic warhammer "Ashideena." Now, I played a mage and couldn't wield it, but I had taken it from the dead hand of Bassilus, who as it turns out, was the only creature in the whole game who came close to killing me. A trophy, yet a reminder of my mortality, and all that.

Some time later, as I explored the dangerous lower levels of the Unseeing Eye area, I solved a riddle which allowed me to pass a bridge allowing access to an area that surely had seen no visitors in hundreds of years. Even the diseased temple followers told me this was so. But, there on the inaccessible side of that bridge, what did I find stashed in a niche? Ashideena!

What combination of events transpired to convey this warhammer from my unconscious form to this remote place? Surely there must be some fascinating story to explain it!

I am having a fun time trying to reassemble all of my missing possessions from the first game, and then imagining how they got to where they did. Am I the only person that has given these personal mysteries some thought? If not, what's your version of the events surrounding some favorite items?

2. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Imoen says when she wakes you up that whoever captured you has probably sold your best gear. Thats what I figured had happened to all the equipment.

3. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

The Twisted Rune?

In all seriousness, if brigands ambushed you while you were travelling, your possessions were probably strewn about the campsite. Now, I doubt they had to give your items to Irenicus, just your bodies. Therefore, once they were done with that angle, they probably took the stolen items and sold them to numerous fences in Athkatla. From there, the items spread out and began to populate several nooks and crannies in the city.

4. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

Ashineeda still doesn't make sense.

Good job picking up on that one!

5. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Well, for Ashideena, I seem to recall some of the former Unseeing Eye guys saying that they tried to go down and get the pieces for 'the weapon'. Maybe they bought the hammer from Roger the fence and lost it in a scuffle while trying to get by.

6. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

If you import your character from BG1, Ashideena shows up in Irenicus's dungeon, I'm fairly certain.

Jaguar's explanation seems to be fairly sound for Ashideena, except that the guys are blind and shouldn't be wandering around the sewers.

7. {OverLoad} Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Yes Rednik Ashideena does show up in Irenicus's Dungeon when you return the genie his flask.

Edit:That is if you imported from BG1.If not you might get the Sword of Chaos +2 or smth else, though I'm not sure what.

8. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Overload, dude, you're making no sense. Everytime I've run through the game, I get the Sword of Chaos. And I am fairly sure everyone elso does as well, or else the conversation betwenn you and the genie wouldn't make sense.

9. Midwinter Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I, too, get the Sword of Chaos, irrespective of whether I import or begin anew.

10. Macready Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Hi -

Based on the replies here (esp. about the location of Ashideena), I think my game is missing the item continuity that it was supposed to have. As I recall, after I imported from my final save, I noticed that my character biography was blank, so I tried importing from the .CHR file instead, and that gave me the BGII bio text. I think going with that .CHR file made my game act as if the character was a new one.

So I guess I have something to look forward to on the next run. I'll definitely use the final save for that one.

Is there any pattern to what you find in Irenicus's dungeon? If you had sold Ashideena in BG1, would you still find it in BG2?

11. {OverLoad} Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

"If you imported from BG1, you may get a different item:
    (Carl Pettersson)

Default SW1H24, Two-Handed Sword of Chaos +2
    HAMM03, War Hammer +2: 'Ashideena'
    AX1H07, Bala's Axe
    HALB03, Halberd +2: 'Suryris' Blade'
    DAGG04, Dagger +2: Longtooth
    STAF07, Staff Spear +2
    STAF06, Staff Mace +2
    SLNG03, Sling +3
    SW1H06, Long Sword +2: 'Varscona'
    BLUN11,
    BLUN10, The Root of the Problem
    BLUN09, Kiel's Morningstar"
    I dunno.I never imported but went through a walktrough before I read this post and found this.So I posted it.Didn't know that it was nonsense... :confused: :(

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.