1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

HotU loss of equipment at beginning

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Keyper of the 7, Aug 13, 2004.

1. Keyper of the 7 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Is there a way of keeping your initial equipment when you start HotU? Cheating will do. In BG2 all you had to do was press pause immediately when the game loads and before the cutscene starts and then drop all of your belongings on the floor. After the cutscene you could pick them up again. Is there something similar to that at HotU. If not do you find your stolen equipment later in the game?

2. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

I don't know of a way to keep it, but you get it all back later in the chapter.

3. Keyper of the 7 Gems: 2/31

Wow, that was fast! I only posted it a few seconds ago! thanks, does that include your GP also?

4. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

I'm not sure. It doesn't really matter if the gold's not there though, as you get a lot from trawling through Undermountain.

5. Ganz Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

No, you don't get it ALL back later. You will only get items that you are wearing/using and which fits into a normal chest. I lost my main weapon, a twice-upgraded halberd from the OC. I got back my robe, cloak, arrows, bolts, bullets, helm, one amulet, two rings, bracers and boots, IIRC. Can't remember if I got back all my gold. With all those items, I guess my halberd could not fit into the chest.

6. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

No wonder it didnt fit in a chest, you know how big a halberd is! :p

A funny thing is that you can, in just about any dialogue, say that all you're doing against the drow is because they stole your equipment. I usualy start HotU with a new character, so i'm really pathetic in the beggining, with some rags and a dagger and stuff. To get that back, though, i'm willing to kill a gazzillion of Drow, big deal :)
    Talk about greedy :shake:

7. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Ganz, did you check all the screens in the chest? Each container can have multipule screens, it'll say something like 1/24 and you can flip through them all. The only way items will go missing is if you go over something like 24 screens, and all the things in bags are put outside the bags too. My trap using rogue definitely lost a fair few things but the stuff you get in HotU more than makes up for it.

8. Keyper of the 7 Gems: 2/31

Yikes then I'm in BIG trouble! I'm the definition of a Pack Rat, I mean the whole last screen of my inventory is nothing BUT Magic Bags and Bags of Holding! plus 4 B.o.H. at the first screen. Guess I need to get rid of a lot of things (I am a wizard and I hold a fair amount of almost every agent, special item or component in the game like quartz crystals, R. eyes, glens, bones & knuckles, fenberrys etc.)
    I could literatelly fill screens only with those!
    Another thing, how does one switch screens in a chest?

9. Vermillion Gems: 18/31

Reagents can pretty much be dropped TBH, as can anything you aren't desperately needing to keep. I know what it's like, I was as bad a squirreler with my rogue as there so much useful things for him ;)

10. Keyper of the 7 Gems: 2/31

Ok, time to sort out what to keep and what to ditch. Does this multi-page thing work for all chests or only this one? further-more how can I switch pages, There are arrows or something or tabs cause I never saw any (that is if this applies to all chests cause I'm still at SoU's finish, didn't got to HotU and that chest yet).

11. Vermillion Gems: 18/31

There are arrows in the top corners that will flip between the pages in a cnontainers inventory and will apply to any container with more than one screen. Best way to do it would be load up a container you find with the things that you are deciding to dump, and you'll see what I mean. :)

12. Keyper of the 7 Gems: 2/31

Already did that but the container in fact accepted all my equipment which was not 24 but 25 pages. I closed it, re-opened it and still everything was there! When you tested it which version did you have (that is if you remember)

13. Vermillion Gems: 18/31

Umm, everything should still be there, doing that was just to help you out figuring out where the arrows to change the page in a containers inventory were. And it works in all versions AFAIK.
    The stuff you're going to dump just leave in the container and go on to finish the game :)

14. Ganz Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Aaargh, I didn't know that chests can have multiple screens! I must go and check it out when I get home. My fighter/sorcerer/RDD have elemental weapons for all occasions and they were stored in bags of holding. What I sorely missed was my sonic damage halberd.

Oh well, I finished the game some time ago. Next time I'll know better. Thanks, Vermillion.

15. Keyper of the 7 Gems: 2/31

Yeah, that was my problem too. I kept a longsword, halberd or double axe for every energy damage I could find just so I would be prepared for every occasion. I even kept a staff (Desert's Fury) for undead and a bastard sword against dragons. Now these are a LOT of weapons. Plus I am a two weapon-yielder (now, I'm SURE I spelled that wrong) and, well that's just too many weapons. I'd hate to lose any of them. Still, I don't think I'd be crushed if i were to drop a few reagents. And yes Vermillion, i understood what you said about the 24 screens, I just hoped that since the container accepted 25 that the container to return my stuff would also accept 25 sheet-worth of inventory. Just to be on the safe side though I'll probably leave some behind. I just finished SoU and now I'm playing that mod that won at Bioware's competition for SoU to HotU bridge, the Nether Scrolls. Seems like fun. Then I'll start HotU. Thanks again!

16. Vermillion Gems: 18/31

Ah, I got the wrong end of the stick sorry. Yep in that case it'll return 25 screens worth of your stuff to you.

17. Keyper of the 7 Gems: 2/31

Ok, I finally got to that damned chest to get my stuff back. So two things. First your gold never gets stolen (and a good thing too because I'm gonna spend pretty much everything I got to enhance my Enserric the Longsword and Aramil's Blade). Secondly, the chest only had 22 full screens and a 23rd which only had 3 potions. Luckily (or not) it seemed that the only things missing were my Bags of Holding and various magic bags! Remember I had enough to fill a full inventory page and then some? Well the "and then some" ones were at the first screen and were still there but all the one-screen-worth-of bags were gone, luckily only them, not their contents. So it only took me a lot of dm_spawnitem nw_it_contain004 to dm_spawnitem nw_it_contain006 and A LOT of time to put them all back and let me tell you, reorganizing my entire inventory was a REAL pain. In the end, from my original equipment I only kept my Robe of Vecna... only to find out that a few steps further I would had gotten another one from that Drow Woman... all the others of course were kept but not used, well all except from Tomi's ring, that +4 DEX was perfect for balancing the -4 DEX penalty from the Aramil's Blade, but the +8 at strength was indeed worth it!
    Well I wanna thank all of you guys for helping me and especially I want to thank Vermillion because if it weren't for him I would have only gotten the first screen back and would had lost a hell of a lot more than my bags! Thanx again and
    Cheers!

[ September 01, 2004, 18:57: Message edited by: Keyper of the 7 ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.